Compressed air for "Jet Pack" costume. (airsoft/paintball)

joeranger

Sr Member
This year's theme for Kids Diabetic camp is "Space". Rather than just wear a costume, I would like to talk about jet propulsion. I would also like to discuss the fact that jet pack technology isn't complicated, just restricted. (concentrated H202 over a catalyst through a nozzle) I need to entertain 40 kids, ages 5-12, for 20 minutes.

I modified my Felix suit with an army rucksak frame with hardware store gas pipes. I have done this bit with a fire extinguisher that runs up the mail line in the center and out the nozzles. I cant use a fire extinguisher indoors. I considered using cans of dust-off, but they only work in short bursts.

I have an airsoft airtank with a simple valve. AIrsoft tanks don't use the same threads as pneumatic tools. I would like to be able to trigger it rather than just opening a valve.

Can you guys think of a safe way to blow a lot of air to make a big whooosh sound. I have done this event for years, most of the kids know I am full of s--t but it is all about the show. I will say I don't have FAA clearance to take off. They will gang tackle me trying to turn the air on to prove I am a fraud:)

Also, if you have any other ideas on how to entertain a random group of kids with jet propulsion demonstrations, I am all ears. Balloon powered cars???

rocket man.png

Here is the airtank I have. I bought a nozzle kit from Harbor Freight but they just don't hook up. I tried to superglue the nozzle on to the closest size valve. so I could use it to fill bicycle tires. It sort of worked. But under pressure it would pop off.

air.jpg

Sorry for the second thread. I had previously asked for help with an outdoor display.

Look up Wayne's Workshop on YouTube. He just finished a series using a modified ecig. He used it on his Ironman Starboost suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back