Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute!

Glad to see they got some licenses like Marvel and DC. Didn't really expect that.

Gonna have to stalk local target stores and see what I can get. Too bad they never did Star Wars. Something about a MEGO Vader, Fett, and Chewbacca is really appealing to me.

Here are some photos…
4801E849-F0A1-46B8-ADF7-88825E983830.jpeg
31A8BB03-0C67-4544-AE61-15F54B9F8DC3.jpeg

Looks like Mego has opened their own Amazon shop, so these should be available there when they launch.

These new ones look great!
I was such a HUGE Mego fan as a child so when they re-launched I was super excited. Then I saw them at Target. What the hell were they thinking??? Alice from the Brady Bunch??? Norm from Cheers??? Some of the choices they made were mind boggling. However, it looks as if they finally pulled their heads out of their corporate butts and made some figures that made sense.

These new ones look great!
I was such a HUGE Mego fan as a child so when they re-launched I was super excited. Then I saw them at Target. What the hell were they thinking??? Alice from the Brady Bunch??? Norm from Cheers??? Some of the choices they made were mind boggling. However, it looks as if they finally pulled their heads out of their corporate butts and made some figures that made sense.
Agreed . Just bring back the runs from the 70-80s

MEGO is actually the thing I have to blame for why I am on this Board, today.

When I was 4 years old, my mom took me to the local TG&Y and let me pick out one item. I ran across an end-cap that was filled with MEGO Star Trek figures. I had no idea what they were since I had never seen the show. I remember grabbing a “Scotty” but my mom told me to pick the character called “Spock” as he was “everyone’s favorite”.

Anyway, when I got home my mom told me the show was on a local TV station, later that day. I still remember the first episode I watched: “Return to Tomorrow”.

From there, I was hooked; which led to a series of interests that built out from there and led me to this hobby, today.

9B9CA263-4F64-4306-917A-59BDC013C4E3.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back