Subscribe
  1. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Jun 2, 2018, 1:00 PM - Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #1

Mego Convention this weekend and the former owner made the announcement that Mego is coming back with 8 inch figures as well as other format figures.

They also announced it on the Mego Museum Facebook page with this statement:
    “Mego is coming back with 8" figures and other formats. A variety of licenses. All will be revealed on June 16th on the MegoMuseum. Mego lives!”

https://m.facebook.com/TheMegoMuseum/
    Last edited by Moviefreak; Jul 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM.
  2. Member Since
    Jul 1999
    From
    Toronto, Canada
    Jun 2, 2018, 6:27 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #2

That's amazing! I wonder if they'll re-release some of the original figures.
  3. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Jun 5, 2018, 6:14 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #3

More details:

Mego President Marty Abrams along with Paul “Dr. Mego” Clarke spoke to a jam-packed hall at this Saturday’s Mego Meet 2018 for a panel about Mego’s past and it’s future. We’ll have a video up of this session soon, it was a fun experience filled with some great annecdotes and laughs, the man can hold court!

The big announcement was that Mego Corporation is returning and to mass retail this year. While all the details and figures will be revealed at the Mego Museum in two weeks, here is what we do know.

Mego is back and they’re in the action figure business baby!

•There will be 20 different characters introduced in the first wave.
    •It is a variety of licenses, some will be familiar to Mego fans, others will be new properties to the World’s Greatest Toy Company.
    •There will be 8″ figures but also other scales, due to license parameters.
    •Figures were produced under the watchful eye of Paul “Dr. Mego” Clarke.

All details including licenses, characters, and the retailer will be revealed mid-June.
    Exciting times to be a Mego fan!
    From
    Colorado Spgs, Colorado
    Jun 6, 2018, 5:03 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #4

Really looking forward to this! I still have my Mego figures from when I was a kid.
  5. Keepin' it real since '00 RPF Premium Member Funky's Avatar
    Jun 8, 2018, 6:54 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #5

Great news for us. Not so good for TRU
    I wonder if they will distribute these through local retailers or through web sales only.
    From
    Florida
    Jun 9, 2018, 6:47 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #6

Lanboy said: View Post
    That's amazing! I wonder if they'll re-release some of the original figures.
    I hope not. That would kill the value of my originals from the 70s.

There are many other figures I would like to see. I'm a collector so, I'm a big mego nerd but, I would love to see spot on sculpts, clothing and I personally would like to see a redesign of the female bodies to make them look more accurate.
    77 Lynda Carter Wonder Woman.
    Elvira mistress of the dark
    More figures from Star Trek
    New improved DC and Marvel
    Gilligan's Island
    Herculoids

Redesign figures toy company figures. Some of these are just poorly done. The heads are too big and poorly sculpted

I would love them to redesign the Batmobile so the figures can fit in the car and accurate to the 66 Batmobile.

Accurate Star Trek Enterprise bridge.

Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  7. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Jun 9, 2018, 8:02 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #7

jtkirk said: View Post
    I hope not. That would kill the value of my originals from the 70s.

There are many other figures I would like to see. I'm a collector so, I'm a big mego nerd but, I would love to see spot on sculpts, clothing and I personally would like to see a redesign of the female bodies to make them look more accurate.
    77 Lynda Carter Wonder Woman.
    Elvira mistress of the dark
    More figures from Star Trek
    New improved DC and Marvel
    Gilligan's Island
    Herculoids

Redesign figures toy company figures. Some of these are just poorly done. The heads are too big and poorly sculpted

I would love them to redesign the Batmobile so the figures can fit in the car and accurate to the 66 Batmobile.

Accurate Star Trek Enterprise bridge.

Just sayin.

So you are basically saying you want Mego to come back yet be a completely different toy company all together?
    They are known for a certain type of toy and Look and if they came back “in name only” with products like Hot Toys, would you really consider them Mego?
    From
    Florida
    Jun 9, 2018, 9:37 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #8

Moviefreak said: View Post
    So you are basically saying you want Mego to come back yet be a completely different toy company all together?
    They are known for a certain type of toy and Look and if they came back “in name only” with products like Hot Toys, would you really consider them Mego?
    I believe they could do both.

9. RPF Premium Member
    Jun 9, 2018, 10:53 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #9

Would this include their "World's Greatest Super Heroes" line? I would think not as others hold those licenses.
  10. Ooooh That’s a Bingo RPF Premium Member Aldo The Apache's Avatar
    From
    The Golden State
    Jun 9, 2018, 11:10 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #10

That is exciting news, I always loved their figures, playsets, and some of their role playing toys( I doubt they’ll bring role playing toys back) like the Tricorder. Though inaccurate it was my first, and was really fun. The thing is I didn’t live when Mego was in their prime, these toys were passed down to me. I still loved them though.
    I’m really glad to here this.
  11. Member Since
    Jul 1999
    From
    Toronto, Canada
    Jun 9, 2018, 5:43 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #11

I'd love to see an expansion of the Star Trek line with classic Mego head sculpts and gear. Some of the Romulan and Klingon characters would be excellent. I'd also like to see a line of TV superheroes - Nicholas Hammond spider-man, Linda Carter wonder woman, George Reeves superman. A more accurate batmobile would be amazing.

And the Logan's Run figures from the TV series! I've seen pictures of the prototypes, they looked pretty cool.
    Last edited by Lanboy; Jun 11, 2018 at 6:29 PM.
  12. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Jul 11, 2018, 8:44 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #12

Target will be the distributor of the new Mego line:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/classic-me...target-stores/
  13. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Jul 11, 2018, 8:53 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - info to drop this month! #13

Weird... double post.
  14. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    ohio
    Jul 14, 2018, 8:05 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #14

I hope they reissue the classic figures as well as continuing classic lines. I have a nice MIP figure collection and would love to buy duplicate/reissued versions to open and play with.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Vreden
    Jul 15, 2018, 7:12 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #15

That would be awesome. Next year will be the 40th anniversary of Buck Rogers IT25C and I'm still looking for an affordable Twiki..!
  16. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    ohio
    Jul 16, 2018, 8:52 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #16

looks like at least initially they will be limited to 10K of each. After getting burned by the playmates limited runs in the 90's I'm not to eager to buy in. Oh well, I most likely already have enough toy's!
  17. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    ohio
    Aug 8, 2018, 12:56 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #17

Good news, there seems to be enough. Our target had everything on the pegs!
  18. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Aug 8, 2018, 1:18 PM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #18

chrisd said: View Post
    Good news, there seems to be enough. Our target had everything on the pegs!
    Mego came out two weeks back with a video pleading with people to be patient, and do not pay scalper and ebay prices. They said there were delays getting stuff out across the stores and they were already seeing people jacking up prices online. They wanted to make sure people knew they were putting enough out there and there should be no need to have to pay double or triple on the secondary market.
    From
    Madison, Florida
    Aug 15, 2018, 4:07 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #19

I am interested to see what they look like.
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2018
    From
    Tampa, Florida
    Aug 15, 2018, 6:03 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #20

"I am interested to see what they look like."

Same here. I can't wait.
  21. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Aug 15, 2018, 10:04 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #21

CB2001 said: View Post
    I am interested to see what they look like.
    CrazyJason said: View Post
    "I am interested to see what they look like."

Same here. I can't wait.
    Photos are all over online. No need to wonder what they look like.
    From
    Hastings, Michigan
    Aug 20, 2018, 10:41 AM - Re: Major announcement: MEGO is coming back! - TARGET will distribute! #22

Glad to see they got some licenses like Marvel and DC. Didn't really expect that.

Gonna have to stalk local target stores and see what I can get. Too bad they never did Star Wars. Something about a MEGO Vader, Fett, and Chewbacca is really appealing to me.