Batman Arkham-ish Foam Build

kindar

I'm a completely cheapskate (and relatively poor anyway), but I've wanted a Batman suit for a long time. The idea of building one has intrigued me but also unnerved me, but I finally decided to give it a try. The upper body is mostly there. I found some super-cheap foam (I would definitely find something higher quality next time) and used an old Batman cowl I bought years ago. Not including the mask, I think the materials cost me maybe $50, if you don't count the glue and paint. For having no idea what the heck I'm doing and just starting out, I'm relatively happy with it so far.

armor plate 01.jpggauntlets 01.jpgupper body pose 01.jpg

Very nice build. Free hand I guess. But I need to say to you one thing. Gauntlets you made, they are from Arkham Knight suit, rest of your parts are from Arkham Origins suit. I made full Arkham Origins suit and it is my only full suit. Love it so much. I'll follow your build. Keep up man.

Looks like you're right. I'm just sort of grabbing and making up what I can figure out as I go along. I'm not shooting for any particular suit - just whatever I feel like looks decent and I can make work with this foam (I am so using better quality foam if I ever do this again).

Hi Kindar,

maybe this link will help you on your way:
https://www.models-resource.com/search/?q=Batman
Download desired model,open and unfold in Pepakura Designer.Make sure to divide the model into separate sections so you can scale them individually,since 3d models do not represent the (proportions of the) real body (learned that the hard way).I hope that helps.Good luck with your build !

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back