Helmet

wayouteast

Sr Member
Finally got around to finishing my 2012-style helmet. This is the fibreglass helmet available from snottysnowy on eBay. It cleaned up very nicely and came with a nice set of painting and finishing instructions.

Mine was painted with Rustoleum gloss black / balmoral red and then weathered with black acrylic and silver Rub 'n' Buff. The badge was finished with antique gold Rub 'n' Buff. The visor is a slightly cut down tinted motorcycle visor which I attached to the inside of the helmet using 3mm binding screws so I could remove / replace it if necessary. The helmet is lined with half-inch upholstery foam covered in black 3mm headliner fabric.

It's a snug fit, but that's all to the good as it sits very firmly without wobbling!

I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Now on to the Lawgiver! :)

IMG_2568.jpeg IMG_2569.jpeg IMG_2571.jpeg IMG_2572.jpeg

Now with matching Lawgiver! Decided for this one not to add lights as it'll be for display only... so the LCD display is printed. Both the LCD panel and the clear openings in the magazine have clear inserts. The red and green status indicators in front of the display are also mocked up with cut down 3mm LEDS.

IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2752.jpg IMG_2751.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back