Super Stretchy Rubber Latex

ShadowFox1990

I'm working on a horror film and I need like a super stretchy, rubber latex that'll stretch far and wide and still keep its shape. I have a picture below. Any idea which product is best for this?

The image is from the Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Master.
example.jpg

Latex is the stretchiest thing I know. There is latex for molds, but there is also balloon latex. Quite the same thing but stretchier (used for balloons and condoms I think).
Maybe you can search through that route. Latex manufacturers should carry it.
Silicones are stretchy but tearable, and need a minimum thickness.

Last edited:
look up a material called dental dam.
It was used alot in the 80"s to make really stretchy membranes on things like the giant Freddy chest that Steve Johnson did. I know they still make it.

look up a material called dental dam.
It was used alot in the 80"s to make really stretchy membranes on things like the giant Freddy chest that Steve Johnson did. I know they still make it.

Searching this it looks like itś latex sheets. I´ve read it can also be made of nitrile o polyurethane rubber (like condoms for latex alergy). This last one is interesting, what kind of PU rubber are they using?
I once had it on my mouth at the dentist by the way, live to learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_dam

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back