2018 Chicago Prop Party

AndyJ

cropped-madlyfx_credits_logo.png

Hey all! This is a speculative post, to see how much interest there is in this idea.

I run MadlyFX, a special FX and prop shop in Chicago. I recently moved to a new shop, and I figure what better way to christen it than by hosting a prop party!

I have a few cool film industry connections, so can probably bring in some interesting folks to show off some fantastic work. I estimate I can probably host around 10-12 tables, and fit a few dozen people. Plus, it would be an amazing way to connect with the Chicago prop and cosplay community.

When: I think last weekend in June, but I'm open to suggestions.

Where: MadlyFX is located near Cinespace in Chicago, at 4115 W. Ogden Ave.

Post here or send me a PM if you're interested. I think $20 for entry and something like a $50 table fee would be plenty to get some booze, pizza, and snacks. Droid builders, there's plenty of space to drive around.

View attachment sqv6qju.jpg
View attachment DSVGHQC.jpg

Sounds cool. I'd attend. I saw on your website the date listed as "Saturday June 20th". June 20th is a Wednesday, so that appears inaccurate. Assuming it should read "Saturday, June 30th"?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back