Enfys Nest Helmet Build FINALLY Complete

dz-6489

I started this project over 2 years ago and I finally finished. Here are a few of the details on its construction. The base bone helmet was initially sculpted then a trash mold was made to get a prototype shell I could bondo to. That was used to get the final form. A lot of sanding/bondo/sanding. I think in the end I went through 4-5 gallons of bondo. In the end I probably should have just sculpted the thing with monster clay. The rest of the parts are a combination of scratch building/3d printing. The six long antenna parts were layered styrene. The visor was made using the bondo method. The only parts that were 3d printed were the bronze greeblies and the lower front tube.
en1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image8.jpeg

Just about finished this project: Pulled the 1st master and i'll probably refine that a bit. The primed parts are all I have left to mold. I think this helmet came out to almost 30 individual parts.
20200824_144126.jpg

20200824_144215.jpg
20200824_144202.jpg

I started working on this a month or so ago, figured I would share.

Here are some photos of the progress so far. I did a rough sculpt with clay then made a trash mold. I pulled a resin cast from the mold to work with.

en1clay.jpg
enclay2.jpg
enresin1.jpg
enresin2.jpg

Got the rough shape about there, still some more tweaks before i start on the details.

enfin1.jpg

Attachments

• enfine2.jpg
    enfine2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Yes looking great! I'm doing one as well but starting digital. I've been studying the forms closely It has so many unique curves and shapes to match. Looking good keep posting progress.

Uh...The Aurebesch characters on the surface - how you do that? I'm asking only to satisfy my curiousity, because there's no way in hell I could recreate that kind of detail so cleanly.
It was sorcery, wasn't it? Dark, dark sorcery.

Uh...The Aurebesch characters on the surface - how you do that? I'm asking only to satisfy my curiousity, because there's no way in hell I could recreate that kind of detail so cleanly.
It was sorcery, wasn't it? Dark, dark sorcery.

Initially I designed the characters in 3d software with the intentions of printing them out on the form 2. Unfortunately I ran out of resin so I decided to try something different. I converted the stl files to svg and cut ten of each on my cricut using scrap vinyl. After they were all cut out I took and staked each character to create a 3mm 3d character. Then I just made a simple silicon mold and cast the characters in resin. I then cut into the helmet and placed all the characters, then a bunch of putty and sanding.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back