Fallout 76

He said they were going to be implementing systems for that kind of thing, but of course they're new to it and even the mmo big guns can't get everyone who plays like a jerk. It's a risk that comes with the territory unfortunately. Here's hoping for the best.

MMOs hardly get anyone, at least in my experience. The jerks remain. They might get a lot of the abusers, but the self-important, screw-everyone-over-for-drops idiots, those people are everywhere.

I'm not too worried. PvP was one of the issues with ESO when it first started, and it's one of the things Bethesda realized the error of their ways with and changed massively by the time it evolved into its current form. I quite like the game as it is now, and there are only a couple places where PvP is the default setting (I mean outside of PvP-specific arenas and the like). One knows they are PvP going in for quest/leveling reasons, so you're not unprepared... but it's still annoying. I just take solace in that it is less rage-inducing than it was, and it can be somewhat easily avoided. I doubt BGS will utterly forget that lesson from their other Massively Co-Op Online game as they get this one ready to go.

And, as with ESO, I really do hope more regions continue to be added (along with new classes, new content, etc.) and it eventually becomes the Fallout Online I've been yearning for. And yes -- I'd like to at least give running with you guys a shot to see whose gameplay styles are compatible. :)

After absorbing everything I can get my hands on, I am optimistic for this game. At the very least Bethesda won't just shove it down our throats and tell us to deal with bad mechanics as-is. (Looking at you EA)

I am still sticking to my guns that this will be a map conquest style game. Where quest lines center around control and defense of a nuke and the surrounding areas.

Because the nukes directly change the in-game world, I predict that you will not be able to target anywhere on the map. I bet instead you only get to target a few select places on each of the six zones. This would be a game mechanic that allows you to strategically take out another team who has control of that area. With an end-goal of controlling the whole map, or destroying it.

The actual gameplay so far sounds a lot like Coop Borderlands.

I was actually thinking this morning, if F76 is an online game, is it going to require that you have a paid Xbox Live account even if you're playing solo? Because that's an absolute deal breaker for me.

I was actually thinking this morning, if F76 is an online game, is it going to require that you have a paid Xbox Live account even if you're playing solo? Because that's an absolute deal breaker for me.

Yes, which I'm pretty bummed about. Your online and see other people no matter what, solo just means don't join a 4 person party.

After absorbing everything I can get my hands on, I am optimistic for this game. At the very least Bethesda won't just shove it down our throats and tell us to deal with bad mechanics as-is. (Looking at you EA)

I am still sticking to my guns that this will be a map conquest style game. Where quest lines center around control and defense of a nuke and the surrounding areas.

Because the nukes directly change the in-game world, I predict that you will not be able to target anywhere on the map. I bet instead you only get to target a few select places on each of the six zones. This would be a game mechanic that allows you to strategically take out another team who has control of that area. With an end-goal of controlling the whole map, or destroying it.

The actual gameplay so far sounds a lot like Coop Borderlands.
Regarding the nukes, some details surfaced in one of the latest interviews. Essentially they’re part of the main quest, and tied to these giant bar “scortchbeast” creature. While you can use a nuke to kill players and damage a base (you can’t destroy a base, only damage it the way raiders damage a settlement in F4), the main goal is to seal crevasses from which the beasts crawl out from, and create end-game high level PvE zones full of high end monsters and loot. You are free to target any point on the map although some restrictions may apply. The nuked zones are also temporary, they will slowly get back to normal after a while.

I'm personally pretty pumped about it, that will be cool to play it with a bunch of friends! We'll just see how those pans out, but I think they made sure that you won't be able to go troll people, so that's reassuring. There are no many places in the UL that did pre orders though, so I missed on the helmet, kinda sucks :/ I hope they might put up some more soon :x

I play ESO and my xBox Live Gold account has long since lapsed. It might be -- like ESO was -- pay-to-play on launch, but I'm hoping they have learned from that mistake, too. ESO really only got going after they made it free-to-play. And I have gladly bought the expansions as they've come out... And, yes, I occasionally buy Crowns to get stuff from the store, but it's neither compulsory nor compulsive.

Just to clarify here: F76 is not paid to play, you just buy the game once and that's it. Free DLCs as well, from what they've said, financed by optional skins micro-transaction in-game.
PSN or Xbox subscription is required though, as for every online game on console. Even for ESO. It's totally independant from the games, it's dictated by the platform.

Well, yes. The confusion seems to have arisen from the difference between "having an account" and "having a paid account".

Everyone has to have an account, at least on the Xbox One. But I do not have, nor will I ever have a paid account because I will not play online multiplayer games, period. If I have to have one to play single player, they've lost my money completely.

Everyone has to have an account, at least on the Xbox One. But I do not have, nor will I ever have a paid account because I will not play online multiplayer games, period. If I have to have one to play single player, they've lost my money completely.

That's what I'm getting at. I do not have a paid account. My Gold status has long since lapsed. And I am playing Elder Scrolls Online as we speak. Free, apart from purchasing the game itself.

That's what I'm getting at. I do not have a paid account. My Gold status has long since lapsed. And I am playing Elder Scrolls Online as we speak. Free, apart from purchasing the game itself.

We'll have to see what the final report is once it's released. If you need a Gold, forget it. If not, I might give it a shot.

Seems like ESO is an exception to that rule, apparently it requires no PS plus subcription, and while it did require Xbox Gold at first, it doesn’t anymore.
Not sure how F76 will approach this.

Seems like ESO is an exception to that rule, apparently it requires no PS plus subcription, and while it did require Xbox Gold at first, it doesn’t anymore.
Not sure how F76 will approach this.

I dont have gold and havnt been able to get on...when did they change that, might have to try again?

Games like Destiny didn't require a PS+ on the Playstation either, nor does the current FO4 Creation club.

I hope for those on Xbox, that they don't get screwed over (again)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back