Fallout 76

I broke down an ordered the Power Armor edition... I figured I am going to get it anyways, and getting that helmet is a bonus.

I have reviewed the E3 presentation, as well as the couple of interviews. I am sticking to my guns that this will be a coop conquest style game. Similar to Borderlands 2. Where you approach an area as a team with a common goal, and eliminate all the creatures in an area, with a harder boss style area later (the nuke silo).

There was just a live "behind the scenes" posted...anyone else watch it? Gotta say a bit more hype for me....still not sure how I feel about the nuke thing, but getting some perspective from the devs helps.

I'm torn as well. I have zero interest in playing this online, but it can be played solo. OTOH, will the game feel absolutely empty because of the lack of NPCs? Yeah there will be monsters, but zero people. We know people survived without being in Vaults, so there should be people out. I also really liked the settlement building mechanic, but having this online where any twit can destroy or nuke your settlement makes that zero fun. Bethesda is going to have to do some major damage control if we have this wrong or they may not sell the amount they anticipate.

I actually love base-building, but the online co-op angle of it really bums me out. Some of us aren’t 15 year olds with a summer of no jobs to just sit there and get good at everything. Reminds me of the first time I tried GTA online. I beat them game. I thought it was cool. I start driving around, get in a fender ebnder with some 14 year old, and suddenly a reign of bombs are falling on me from the sky.

I’ve played some online stuff that is fun. Battlefront can be okay if you got a group of friends. Friday the 13th is fun with friends and an absolute god-awful time if you play with strangers.

Wildlands was great cause it was just up to three more of your friends in a session. PvP was totally optional and you were otherwise just in it together. If 76 is like that, it could be fun. I know they say it’s not an MMO, but any time I have to play with strangers I’m generally not into it.

I'm torn as well. I have zero interest in playing this online, but it can be played solo. OTOH, will the game feel absolutely empty because of the lack of NPCs? Yeah there will be monsters, but zero people. We know people survived without being in Vaults, so there should be people out. I also really liked the settlement building mechanic, but having this online where any twit can destroy or nuke your settlement makes that zero fun. Bethesda is going to have to do some major damage control if we have this wrong or they may not sell the amount they anticipate.

Which I think is silly because the vast majority of people out in the wasteland were never in vaults to begin with. Humanity survived the war. Why would there be no people around?

Which I think is silly because the vast majority of people out in the wasteland were never in vaults to begin with. Humanity survived the war. Why would there be no people around?
Especially when they talk about this area being relatively untouched. There should also be ghouls in very early stages of change.

After watching this video I think the game might be safe for me to pre-order. https://youtu.be/gi8PTAJ2Hjs

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Why would the vault dwellers want to battle with one another in the first place? Wouldn't they be more likely to stick together, you know, like they do in every other Fallout game?

"Look, there goes my buddy Dan. You remember Dan, right? He grew up with the rest of us in the vault."

"Yup. Good ol' Dan"

"Check it out, he built a settlement. Looks real nice too."

"Yeah...………..So, you wanna nuke him?"

"Yeah. Totally."

:confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know mate, 25 years stuck in a vault, it may create tensions... And when you get out, there are no rules, no laws anymore...
As far as the PvP aspect of the game goes, what I've pieced together is that you can get killed by other players once, after that it's up to you to either keep killing each other or you can walk away and they can't hurt you anymore. That's my interpretation, but Todd has been incredibly vague on that subject, and apparently they're still working on it, so it's prone to evolve.

Especially when they talk about this area being relatively untouched. There should also be ghouls in very early stages of change.

After watching this video I think the game might be safe for me to pre-order. https://youtu.be/gi8PTAJ2Hjs

I watched the documentary and it made me feel less like this is the game for me. First off, PVP. I hate PVP with a passion. I will never engage in it period. So if F76 doesn't have a way to turn it off completely, I'm out. I have no interest in a bunch of punk ass kids running around ganking people. And the existence of microtransactions at all bugs me. I will never buy anything, ever. While they say that it's all cosmetic now, that doesn't mean next week they can't be selling XP boosts and all that. Finally, the whole online multiplayer aspect is still something I hate because here I am paying for a game that will have huge portions I will never take part in because I hate multiplayer with a passion. Some of the ideas in the game look and sound great on paper, but in practice, I'm really thinking that this might be the first Fallout game that I just sit out.

Don't know mate, 25 years stuck in a vault, it may create tensions... And when you get out, there are no rules, no laws anymore...
I'm thinking of the Tunnel Snakes at the start of Fallout 3.

I watched the documentary and it made me feel less like this is the game for me. First off, PVP. I hate PVP with a passion. I will never engage in it period. So if F76 doesn't have a way to turn it off completely, I'm out. I have no interest in a bunch of punk ass kids running around ganking people. And the existence of microtransactions at all bugs me. I will never buy anything, ever. While they say that it's all cosmetic now, that doesn't mean next week they can't be selling XP boosts and all that. Finally, the whole online multiplayer aspect is still something I hate because here I am paying for a game that will have huge portions I will never take part in because I hate multiplayer with a passion. Some of the ideas in the game look and sound great on paper, but in practice, I'm really thinking that this might be the first Fallout game that I just sit out.
I hope you're wrong because I talked myself into pre-ordering the basic game. The tricentennial version didn't give me anything I was interested in unless that mascot head is physical and not some in game decoration.

This looks interesting.

Fallout 76 Pip-Boy 2000 Construction Kit

ksig_fallout76_pip-boy2000_kit_alt1.jpgksig_fallout76_pip-boy2000_kit.jpgksig_fallout76_pip-boy2000_kit_alt4.jpg

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/k...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_103394006

Yeah, I posted about it earlier, and I think someone even beat me to it. It looks awesome, and I ordered one! Also just signed up for BETA so stoked for that!

I hope you're wrong because I talked myself into pre-ordering the basic game. The tricentennial version didn't give me anything I was interested in unless that mascot head is physical and not some in game decoration.

I hope I'm wrong too, but from everything I'm hearing, I don't know that I am. They keep saying there will be other people wandering around on your map. Unfortunately, they will probably be jackasses trying to ruin your fun. They will be min-maxers who grind for the best gear so they can run around and murder everyone else. I left MMOs because I hated these people and they were everywhere. What makes Todd Howard think they won't fill F76 too?

He said they were going to be implementing systems for that kind of thing, but of course they're new to it and even the mmo big guns can't get everyone who plays like a jerk. It's a risk that comes with the territory unfortunately. Here's hoping for the best.

I like how there are around 250 of the Power Armor Editions on eBay. My favorite is the one where the seller says they are going to keep the helmet and game, but sell you the rest.

I've already preordered my Power Armor edition (and Pipboy kit) and got my preorder registration code today from Amazon and Gamestop (don't ask). I would be interested in possibly gaming with like minded, non griefing people, so I would potentially be up for something. I have to say I'm hesitant about the game at this point, I really preferred the single player stuff but I'll definitely give it a shot.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back