Coaxium container

generalvenduu

After seeing the film, I was ready to start thinking about the coaxium container which they store the refined coaxium in. Of course the making of books say it was a real world drill bit container that they based it on. I spent about a day now searching the interwebs and came up empty. So, RPF, lets get to work.

Im interested in making the small refined canisters. I'd wip a few of these out on the cnc if i had some good pics. I got the visual guide hoping to see some of the small canister but its only shots of the large ones. YOu can kinda see the small ones in it but i want it pretty accurate. I def wanted to add a light source etc. I have a vague picture of it form the movie ie noticed it has a brass area as well.

Jesse

Well, I do have experience with large drill bits and I did see the movie. I'm guessing if it were to be a drill bit casing, it would have to be from a core drill or large hammer drill bits. Atleast 2 inches or more. These are definitely not your standard size bits

Are you referring to the end scene when he hands them over, or before they are ready? If so, the before cases could be from a bit set. If you are talking about the long one, then it would have to be the core or SD bits. Most of those cases I have seen are not clear bit sleeves, they usually have a colored plastic bottom with a clear sleeve to see the bit.

Are you referring to the end scene when he hands them over, or before they are ready? If so, the before cases could be from a bit set. If you are talking about the long one, then it would have to be the core or SD bits. Most of those cases I have seen are not clear bit sleeves, they usually have a colored plastic bottom with a clear sleeve to see the bit.

The one id like to make is the small one at the very end that gets tossed on the table. Its a machined part for sure.

Here are some reference photos for you guys to use and also my final prop picture :)
03.jpg01.png02.png

Last edited:

It seems like a lot of the comments are taking about the smaller individual canisters.

Are you taking about this case?

A picture would definitely help clarify. If this is the case you're asking about, I'd like to find it too...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back