Painting polyurethane issues

Emperis

Hi guys,

I have recentley started casting with polyurethane and i'm having problems getting the paints (acrylic) to stick to the surface? Whne I sprey after with Mr super clear the surface still scratches and the paint comes of ? I am sure you guys will have the answers for me. Thank you in advance, William

Could be a couple of issues, first suggestion would be to wash the parts with hot dish soap. particularly if you used a release agent. I have had several castings that sweated for a couple days, due to mixture being off slightly, either by the 1:1 ratio, or not shacking the part A, and part b container enough before mixing. if you are using a spray release agent, try coating mold with baby powder. that will also give parts better paint adhesion. But to the point clean before painting

I know that Mr. Color has a spray can specific for resin models. (Mr Resin Primer Surfacer)
Its a red can with grey cap. I've never used it before and don't know how well it would work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back