Fertility Idol in "Solo"!!!!

DorkDaddy

I just got back from seeing "Solo" for the 2nd time. I could have sworn I saw the Indiana Jones fertility idol on display in Drayden Voss's private office. Then I saw it again... and AGAIN!

I posted it on facebook (during the movie) and it was confirmed by a friend that was in the movie at the same time.

This means that there is an official, modern Lucasfilm fertility idol out there. Start working your contacts, folks!!

-DorkDad

I just got back from seeing "Solo" for the 2nd time. I could have sworn I saw the Indiana Jones fertility idol on display in Drayden Voss's private office. Then I saw it again... and AGAIN!

I posted it on facebook (during the movie) and it was confirmed by a friend that was in the movie at the same time.

This means that there is an official, modern Lucasfilm fertility idol out there. Start working your contacts, folks!!

-DorkDad

I believe someone mentioned the cheap plated idol from the following thread was used:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=289210&page=9

They mention it on one of the last couple pages.

-DorkDad
Just got back from seeing Solo again too and the idol is definitely there. A big crystal skull too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It would make sense if Disney owns LFL.

In the Clone Wars animated series, Cad Bane picks up Indy's hat when looking for a new hat for himself and there is pirate crew that are loading the "Ark" on board their spaceship.

Went to see it opening night with a couple of RPFers. We are almost certain the idol in Solo has the "eyes".

Now I have to go and see it again. Totally did not see it and I guess it becomes one of those "once seen, can't be unseen" things.

I mean, you posted it on facebook during the movie and someone that was also at the movie replied during the movie as well? you guys are checking facebook when watching star wars at the theater? this is crazy... :wacko
This is a problem in a lot of American theaters. Younger people who have never known a time without cell phones split their time between watching the movie and having text conversations with their friends in the next theater(s) watching the same movie. Or posting their opinions on social media sites like Facebook. It's annoying to those of us who actually want to see the movie, and all I can think is, "Did you really pay $10-$15 to sit in a dark room and be an ***hole?" :angry

Really...? Movie has been out 3 days and you post this kind of stuff in the thread title instead of using a spoiler tag?

Some of us still like seeing movies and being surprised...

Its not really a spoiler as its not integral to the plot. Unless you consider any detail about a film a spoiler until you've seen it. If thats the case, then you should stay off the internet until you've seen the movie.

I mean, you posted it on facebook during the movie and someone that was also at the movie replied during the movie as well? you guys are checking facebook when watching star wars at the theater? this is crazy... :wacko

They have to find some way to be entertained during the movie.

pDttDLO.jpg

This is a problem in a lot of American theaters. Younger people who have never known a time without cell phones split their time between watching the movie and having text conversations with their friends in the next theater(s) watching the same movie. Or posting their opinions on social media sites like Facebook. It's annoying to those of us who actually want to see the movie, and all I can think is, "Did you really pay $10-$15 to sit in a dark room and be an ***hole?" :angry

Exactly.

We have several local theaters (Alamo Drafthouse) that have a very strict no-talking/no-texting policy - they take great joy in throwing people out who ruin the experience for others. And for that they get all of my business.

Set dressing is a spoiler now?

Not neccesarily, but my point is posting stuff like this in the thread title doesn’t even give folks who may be trying to avoid learning more about the film before they see it the opportunity to avoid it.

Its not really a spoiler as its not integral to the plot. Unless you consider any detail about a film a spoiler until you've seen it. If thats the case, then you should stay off the internet until you've seen the movie.

What’s integral to a plot is rather subjective. But perhaps you’re right in that I should stay off the internet...and perhaps folks could also be a little more considerate for their fellow fans and let them be surprised at the movie instead of posting every detail, easter egg, etc. within 72 hours of a movie being released...

Sean

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back