Ooof Another Elfin Knight PKD

Fettbat

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share the progress that's been going on one of my PKD water guns. I finally got around to ordering some of the cast resin grips (I think from a member here? If so then thanks! they look fantastic) so here are some pictures.

Here it is with the old blue grips removed and with some support added
IMG_9568.JPG

after fitting the grips on decided that I needed to have the bulldog grip visible in there so I got the work on bulking up the frame and making the grip. My scroll saw is broken so the grip was made by cutting a piece of styrene and then building up the width with epoxy putty (SO MUCH EPOXY PUTTY IN THIS BUILD)
IMG_9578.JPG
IMG_9580.JPG
IMG_9581.JPG
IMG_9582.JPG

So now that the grip was built the whole thing was filled with resin, making weight a little over a pound. Now it's a matter of doing the necessary detailing before moving to the final stages. I fixed the rear trigger by adding the curve behind it (not sure what the word for that is) and started replacing the screws and odds and ends.
IMG_9600.JPG
IMG_9594.JPG
IMG_9599.JPG
IMG_9593.JPG

So yea, that's pretty much it thus far, It's still a work in progress and I'm going to add some non functioning LEDs and the white wires. The biggest thing right now however is the firing pin and figuring out if I have the skill to make it or not. If anyone has made one from scratch and has any advice I'd love to hear it because I'm a bit lost with it.

Oh! Here's an obligatory back lit photo of the grips
IMG_9584.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Stussy, it's finally starting to feel like it's not a cheapo little water gun!

Here are some updates of the paint and detailing process. I'm going for the more clean Tomenosuke look so for the Steyr Receiver it's the old stand-by Krylon BBQ Black High Heat and for the gloss bits it's Krylon Gloss Black.

The non metal screws are painted with sharpie metallic pens, silver, then gold, and then layered with more BBQ Black.
IMG_9614.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9619.JPG

IMG_9620.JPG

IMG_9621.JPG

Up next I need to add the LEDs and then silver the bottom of the grip, then I think it's...done?
Thanks for looking!

Hey thanks guys! It's been a ton of fun and a great learning experience working on this one and I'm glad you guys think it's looking good! I'll post more when some more parts I'm waiting on come in. (It's been amazingly difficult to find LEDs near me, who knew).

Hello again, got a new phone with a shiny new camera and wanted to show off the more or less complete PKD (knowing when to stop is half the battle), hope you dig it and thanks for looking!

New additions are, making the grip butt silver (definitely need to get my hands on that alclad silver), made the triggers a little more beat up, and added some light weathering to edges. I didn't want to go full world con, but I also didn't want it to look brand new, just some mild wear.

Right profile
20180622_110420.jpg

Left profile
20180622_110355.jpg

and a nice little vignette in an effort to pretend like it's professional
20180622_110705.jpg

Haven't looked In here. Jeees lueeees! that's one of the squirt guns. you did a bang up awesome job!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back