Builds By Baz - ED 209 (Robocop 2014)

sandbagger

Master Member
There seems to be a lack of material on google searches and the limited figurines out there are as expensive as heck. It would be much cheaper and more fun to build one.

I'm toying with the idea of this being my next project after the Viper. Early days yet, but I keep coming back to it and am finding it more and more appealing. I'll make a small one first and see what happens.

So.... Let the links, sketches, photographs and blueprints roll in! Perhaps there's a papercraft version out there?

EDIT: I FOUND A PEP FILE!!! http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/gallerydetails.php?id=1955

UmWKF6B.jpg

Last edited:
Re: ED 209 (2014) reference thread.

81f6d0e0d2828f8ee4924b2dd295243a.jpg2ed209.jpga032acc4b29c1283bfccca8d56e53e41.jpg15905898127_29494095b1.jpg100831_fig2.jpgArt-robocop-ED-209-04.jpgdownload (1).jpgdownload.jpgED_209_2014.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

new-ed-209-robocop-2013.jpgRobocop-2014-ED-209-ThreeZero-Exclusive-010.jpgRoboCop-ED-209-16.jpgschilderrobot.jpgThreezero-Robocop-ED-209-Black-4.jpgThreezeros-2014-Robocop-ed-209-figure.jpg.jpgvlcsnap-2014-09-16-17h14m56s94.png

- - - Updated - - -

That's a few different angles and lighting. Some blueprints would be nice.

Are you wanting to build one 1:1 like the ones thorssoli and n1cod3mus did for the 1987 version? A lot of parts and a lot of work, but what a kick ass project it would be.

Are you wanting to build one 1:1 like the ones thorssoli and n1cod3mus did for the 1987 version? A lot of parts and a lot of work, but what a kick ass project it would be.

I'll start with the default scale of the pep file. I'll make one out of paper first, harden it etc.

That will give me a physical model to study and see what's what.

Never underestimate the understanding of a model one can reach by making the same thing more than once.

After that, I could make one the same size out of wood, steel, aluminium, whatever. Perhaps one day I can then move up to life-size. Gotta finish the life-size Viper first.

Found a few files that hopefully may help you on your way:
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=ED-209&sa=&dwh=125b0d1fd8a45b3

This one probably being your best bet:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:374092

Sidenote suggestion: after you're done with this one,please consider building Metal Gear REX from MGS1 for ps1 :p:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1736886

They are all the old 209 George, from the '80s. Different in almost every way. I'm after the 2014 model.

Baz.

I'll start with the default scale of the pep file. I'll make one out of paper first, harden it etc.

That will give me a physical model to study and see what's what.

Great idea. I have not even seen a 1/18 scale of this design yet. The last of the older original ED-209s i saw and they wanted several hundred for it. It was NECA I think.

Never underestimate the understanding of a model one can reach by making the same thing more than once.

Truth! You can look at drawings all day. You never fully get it until you hold a 3D object.

After that, I could make one the same size out of wood, steel, aluminium, whatever. Perhaps one day I can then move up to life-size. Gotta finish the life-size Viper first.

Yes, I pop in from time to time and take a look.

Quite the work you`ll have to do there...but it seems that nothing scares you mate:D:cool

Oh don't worry your pretty little head mate... it scares me....

Not that that would stop me....

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea. I have not even seen a 1/18 scale of this design yet. The last of the older original ED-209s i saw and they wanted several hundred for it. It was NECA I think.

Truth! You can look at drawings all day. You never fully get it until you hold a 3D object.

Yes, I pop in from time to time and take a look.

I trust you are finding it entertaining and inspiring! :D

Another thread of yours that I'll be following!
You really do pick some wonderful and challenging projects don't you?

And I just went and had a look at your website - Good on ya mate. Your wise brain is clearly complimented with a very warm heart.

- - - Updated - - -

This ^^^ is so very true.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back