Builds By Baz - ED 209 (Robocop 2014)

^^^ There's always someone better out there, but thank you. :D

Adding details.

Starting with a few layers of plywood to the right thickness, I chiselled, filed, drilled and sanded some details, adding other blocks and pieces of wood to layer in extra interest.

qwUDXlY.jpg

mWQ5GzU.jpg

GRCb7Eo.jpg

z3lj1NC.jpg

qwUDXlY.jpg

mWQ5GzU.jpg

GRCb7Eo.jpg

z3lj1NC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of work on that lill' think there mate:eek. Looking good for sure...as for making it sturdier without mats, you could always do it with Rondo next time (mix of resin and Bondo).

Lots of work on that lill' think there mate:eek. Looking good for sure...as for making it sturdier without mats, you could always do it with Rondo next time (mix of resin and Bondo).

Yeah I could mate, but at $20 for 500 grams, it's way too expensive. I have a shed full of plywood, craftwood, pine, plastic, steel and aluminium offcuts that are just perfect for this and cost me nothing but time.

I'm waiting for the next lot of CAD former drawings of the engines to arrive so I can continue with the Viper build, so this is a good fill-in project to keep idle hands busy.

Every now and then, I get a chance to scoot outside and tinker with bits of wood. Using every little opportunity, even if it's a stolen five minutes, it's amazing what can happen.

Lc2ZMwc.jpg

paFjavn.jpg

pjMaC74.jpg

EAQm0HW.jpg

39ApEWB.jpg

Lc2ZMwc.jpg

paFjavn.jpg

pjMaC74.jpg

EAQm0HW.jpg

39ApEWB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the crunch of those pieces under you foot mate:D! The wood/metal pieces are looking great and sturdy now. As for the Bondo; here, in my neck of the wood, a 32oz can is $32 Canadian money (just about the same price as you over there).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back