X-1 Advanced TIE HELP

swgeek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alright RPF I need your help. So as I make progress on my SS TIE Fighter (slowly) I've decided to build a X-1 TIE fighter as well. I'm stuck on a few parts that I can't seem to figure out. So I'm asking the great minds of the Studio Scale section to help me identify the parts that have me stumped. I'm posting four pictures with the parts I can't find highlighted and numbered. #16 looks like it's the wood slats off of a stake bed but I could be very wrong. Thanks for any help.

View attachment X-1 Parts Map 1B.jpg

X-1 Right Wing Spar 2.jpg

X1 Parts Map Back 3.jpg

X-1 Parts Map Bottom.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure #10 is a kit part. Unfortunately it could be from anything, car, truck, tank, etc.

Wow that might be it. I own both of those kits so I'll have to pull them out and take a look. Thank you!

890217F8-F692-4E20-B492-2B2461AC422D.jpeg
Sadly the 312B exhaust has too big a diameter to be the correct part. Ended up fabricating from electrical wire as per previous posts.

Last edited:
I'll check with Andy. He's doing the build right now 100 miles from me, which means I can't check potential donor parts for size directly against the subject.

When we do the TIE (I bought Koolshade!) we'll take a different approach. The Niesen X-1 is proving to be a bit more tricky than originally thought. I'll be doing a thread on it in a while.

Update:

Andy has checked and the other options from the 312B exhausts won't work either. Curvature is not a match, and the pipe diameter is too great when compared to the reference material.

Last edited:
Wow it's been a while but still looking for help. Any info on any of the highlited parts?
BB Highlight.jpg
DV_TIE.jpg
TIE X-1 Bottom.jpg

This looks like a starter motor to me but can't figure out what from.
20220201_095811.jpg

And still looking for these.
20220404_233714.jpg

One more.
Vader TIE Parts.jpg

Yeah I think it's actually 2 parts but the one does look like a transmission/driveline. I've looked through a ton of different vehicles in different scales and just can't seem to find it. I'm pretty sure the round piece at the end is a Bandai Panther G fire extinguisher, if that helps with scale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back