Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster "Ghost" version?

faust1103

Hi,

I have seen some pictures of the Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster as a silver "Ghost" version.

Were these official releases by Tomenosuke or fan made mods?
I was wondering what the release story was for thse?

Many thanks.

B61531CB-90CF-4B7A-A175-53CAB61E898C-9956-00000D050D8ACBC6.jpeg

Hey,
some people did their own, and the guy at tomenosuke that assembles the high end versions was also commissioned to do one, probably the one you posted there even if I don't recognize that picture.
It's not that hard to achieve from a kit. you just stop before bluing it ;)

Yep the white grips I guess you have to find on ebay or somewhere, or cast yourself. The ghost made out of a sidkit also look great, the are maybe not as sharp looking but they are completely metal, which looks really good!
I'm pretty sure the one you are showing is made by the guy at Tomen, because it has still the plastic barrel and cylinder which is also too bad for a ghost, but they have no choice legally.
cheers

Yep the white grips I guess you have to find on ebay or somewhere, or cast yourself. The ghost made out of a sidkit also look great, the are maybe not as sharp looking but they are completely metal, which looks really good!
I'm pretty sure the one you are showing is made by the guy at Tomen, because it has still the plastic barrel and cylinder which is also too bad for a ghost, but they have no choice legally.
cheers
how can you tell from that photo that the barrel and cylinder are plastic?

Maybe ask Mune when placing the order if they have the possibility to include white grips in your order even if this is unlickely. then, I guess I would try to cast them myself if I needed to do it.
Maybe someone will chime in, It's true that I haven't seen a lot of those transparent grips around.

As a Tomeno Ghost owner I'll jump in here...

8NItiMi.jpg

rBcamQj.jpg

8GTNfZy.jpg

uFTSgft.jpg

Mine was made from the Tomeno kit. All you do is polish the metal parts to a mirror finish.

NCk6MEb.jpg

aZUQli9.jpg

For the clear (not white) grips, I contacted Richard Coyle (Racprops) and he supplied the clear grips as well as a cast metal outer grip frame. It comes pretty rough and needs clean-up, sanding and polish to match the other parts.

Ys4l6gR.jpg

But to use Rich's clear grips, you have to use his outer grip frame as his grips won't fit the Tomeno outer grip frame.

Kp4YLNp.jpg

If you ask around you may find someone else casting clear grips to fit the Tomeno outer grip frame, which would definitely be the simplest way to go.

Hope that helps.

Dare I say I’m glad you didn’t go for them. I just snapped up the last set. Now showing 0 in stock. :thumbsup

yeah I saw that just after I posted, that was fast... I was wondering if there really was just on in stock, it's the same for the green led sight, so I thought it was always like that.
they need to offer more parts, they should know that they will always sell...
sorry faust :(

are they going to fit correctly?or are they gonna need replacing like the one's on the new blasters!:angry

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back