Quick and dirty Solo themed Props

OnFire5210

My friends and I made a Solo-inspired Childish Gambino music video and needed some quick and dirty props for it. Here's how we managed, and here's the video if you want to check it out.

First up, Han's DL-44. This started life as the cheap Rubie's Halloween blaster. It was orange and white, but a few coats of spray paint, some sandpaper weathering, a little bit of acrylic paint and some graphite powder finished off the look. If we had more time we would've filled in the screw holes, but we were in a hurry and they wouldn't be too noticeable on camera anyways.

wc3N7GXh.jpg

Next up: Han's dice and jacket/greeblie communicator.

Han's jacket greeblie/communicator was 3d-printed, hit with a few alternating coats of matte black and aluminum spray paint and then finished off with red nail polish I stole from my wife's manicure supplies. The real thing has an interesting black to silver fade on it and this simulated it decently well, for sure well enough to be on camera. Here's a link to the file on thingverse. I attached magnets to the back of it and then used them to affix it to the Han jacket they sell at Hot Topic.

The dice were just pulled from the Star Wars card game they're selling in stores. They were originally blue, so some metallic gold spray paint helped get them camera ready.

3YGypaCh.jpg

Like I said, quick and dirty, but they were fun. And they looked good on camera too! Looking forward to seeing Solo tonight and to seeing what else this crowd can produce from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back