Mr Silver Treasure Planet

DrWho345

I am getting a little stressed out. Oz Comic Con in Australia is in a few weeks and I am running out of ideas

I have done this cosplay before, and loved it, and I am always looking for ways to improve on it. I finally decided, with a little extra money I had, to purchase a Cyborg arm

I waited for it, it arrived 2 weeks later, wires everywhere and a circuit board to connect them all. The only bad thing was, it came with a Ps3 controller, saying it is controlled by BlueTooth, and did not come with any instruction manual at all, and I am horrible at electronics

After trying to replicate the pictures and videos from the eBay ad, I put it together as best as I could, got the lights to turn on, but the fingers didn't move, and after accidentally/unintentionally plugging the battery back into the circuit board, there was a small fire, I immediately unplugged everything, and took it to a electronics store, they helped, not much damage was done (thankfully) anyway we still couldn't get the fingers to move

After a failed attempt to take it to a hobby store, and a soldering place, I was about to through it away, when I noticed on the back of the board, what the company was, and what it controlled, grabbed my old Samsung, went to the Google store, found an app called LeArm, connected via BlueTooth and voila, it works.

Now for the challenge

I desperately want to pull this cosplay off, but I will have the light changing eye patch, attached to my old glasses, and the Cyborg arm attached to my right arm, the entire day, so my other hand will basically be in my pocket, trying to keep the illusion alive that the arm moves by itself, I will be sliding buttons using this app all day, hopefully remembering sequences

I have no proper idea what app should work with it, and I don't have a way to make it easier to use

Any suggestions so I am not keeping multiple plates spinning at once would be much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back