Solo DL 44

Ariesen Serenit

New member, been lurking the past couple of days reading and reading and reading....

So I finally hit that point in my life where I realize I can do the things I've wanted to do for my entire life, thank you parents who made me watch Star Wars, and then let me watch it over and over and over and...you get the point

I've started making custom lightsabers, and I've been looking into a DL 44. I don't think I want to get into the exact precision most of you do to honor the ANH Solo, but I want to get close enough to all of the DL 44s someone off the streets could see it and think "Hey, that's Han's Blaster!"

I've gleaned a ton of information from reading a lot of the DL 44 threads, and have found the HFC replica. I was curious about the Gletcher m712. Has anyone seen one or compared the two to see which is a better base platform to jump with?

Thanks in advance!!

The ANH Hero was built on a Mauser C96, not a m712. Now if you want to build a TFA variant the airsoft HFC m712 is a great starting point.

New member, been lurking the past couple of days reading and reading and reading....

So I finally hit that point in my life where I realize I can do the things I've wanted to do for my entire life, thank you parents who made me watch Star Wars, and then let me watch it over and over and over and...you get the point

I've started making custom lightsabers, and I've been looking into a DL 44. I don't think I want to get into the exact precision most of you do to honor the ANH Solo, but I want to get close enough to all of the DL 44s someone off the streets could see it and think "Hey, that's Han's Blaster!"

I've gleaned a ton of information from reading a lot of the DL 44 threads, and have found the HFC replica. I was curious about the Gletcher m712. Has anyone seen one or compared the two to see which is a better base platform to jump with?

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forum, brother. Unless the Bluray shows otherwise the SOLO blaster will be a modified AW Custom airsoft pistol. if you are going airsoft that's the way to go since you can go either TFA or SOLO with it. If you are going ANH then Denix is still the cheapest option or search for an MGC to use as a base gun or wait on the Field Marshal replica.

Good luck and welcome to the rabbit hole. :)

I think I would rather go with the airsoft or gletcher as they can shoot something, and I can find red or green airsoft bbs. I found the AW, but do they make just the pistol, not the full conversion? I want to do the "heavy lifting" myself ; ) I've read about the blowback and non blowback, one is full size one isn't. Are the HFC and AW full size?

The HFC is a nice piece, I have one for my TFA DL44 project that may some day be built. I recommend it if you do go Airsoft. Keep in mind you will have to find a short magazine though.

I went with the AW custom. I got it in last night. Super happy! I've got all the machines to make all the plastic bits not plastic (redo handles, front grill, etc). This is a crazy rabbit hole I've jumped into!

I went with the AW custom. I got it in last night. Super happy! I've got all the machines to make all the plastic bits not plastic (redo handles, front grill, etc). This is a crazy rabbit hole I've jumped into!

I’d be very interested to see your progress with the pieces. I’ve got the AW also and would really like to swap out those plastic bits as well. Might you do multiples of the parts?

I went the 3d printed way.
Loads of good dl 44s.
Nearly finished mine, just the scope to do.
303659064c3d0377fbca62c463b6400a.jpg
99a54188c5c081a03c8deca11c95c710.jpg
239473f0e3fbeeb2e448b106886c7a93.jpg
44030d98a81e11eacc83f862d7379c78.jpg

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back