Negasonic Teenage Warhead - Deadpool 2

Kid Omega

Figured this would be a good place to put all of my thoughts, resources, progress, etc. down.

Brianna-Hildebrand-Deadpool-2-Negasonic-Teenage-Warhead-Leather-Jacket.jpgDdTat1RWAAA0ixb.jpgdeadpool-teams-up-with-his-x-men-crew-again-in-new-photo-from-deadpool-2-social.jpg_thumb_5d572d4b-1106-4fe5-8855-1e2a56788555.jpg7daf3300-5a1f-11e8-9e6c-87b82004ca8d_MCDDEAD_FE032.jpgnegasonic-teenage-warhead-in-deadpool-2-nl-2560x1700.jpgtumblr_p8l8g7fJWN1txbs8co1_500.png
moody.png

The yellow on her hips and hands are a yellow ribbed fabric. I can't tell if it has the same texture as the bodice (I'll need to watch the movie again or find more HQ pics, but it's hard to tell if the texture is custom printed or if it's because of the weave.)

The silver fabric appears almost iridescent, and I'm not sure how I'm going to achieve that look.
I did manage to find this but it seems too light to me.

The blue on the shoulder/chest area and on the arms appears to have a custom print on it, which I planned on making a stencil for and painting myself (as I can't find any local fabric printers in my area that would be able to achieve that.) Zooming in, I think they look like a chunky Y-shape.
I planned on using createx iridescent blue, airbrushed on. I've never used it before so I don't know how it'd look yet. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

I don't have a picture of it, but when watching it I noticed there's a zipper in the back as well as the front. (Side note: I am so thankful for this front zipper? I'm excited to be able to use the bathroom by myself like a big kid now.)

There appears to be three pyramid studs on either side of the front of the belt, which has an O-ring closure?
I'm going to be using 30mm studs, as they look rather large.

Her nose ring is a simple septum bull ring; I can't get a good look at her earrings, although the right one appears to be a clover shape?

I'm not sure if I'm going to make her trench coat yet, but it looks as though the shoulders are cut out and I know there are belts forming an X on the back.

I'm unsure if I want to 3D print the X-symbol, or possibly make it from resin or sculpey.

I'll probably be sourcing most of the fabric from SpandexWorld. I'll be looking for better references and probably go see the movie again, and get started on the pattern sometime next week.

EDIT 1
Got some more caps. Not very good quality, as to be expected.
caps.png

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I wasn't able to find any photos online of her costume with the coat on top until I saw this thread.

Super late response, but I'm glad I was able to help!

I definitely want to see if you end up making it! There's still some details on it that I'm foggy about, but whenever the DVD is released I'll probably update this with more references so I'll be able to hopefully make my own too.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've pretty much been toying with and modifying test patterns. I'm cutting into final fabric now and will hopefully have something to show soon!
I've also ordered an X-Men symbol belt buckle that I'm going to mold and cast for her X (In the future I might do a 3D print, but the con I wanted it for is in 2 weeks, so alas.)

I initially bought some reflective silver fabric for the silver pieces, but upon it being ruined in the wash (I love it when websites don't list the proper care instructions!) I rush-ordered some silver satin that appears similar from the picture, so I'm praying that'll turn out fine. I've got two weeks before the convention, I'll post pics as more happens!

So, the back zipper has been a source of anxiety for me because I haven't been able to get a good shot of her back (or even make out the details in the three times I've seen it in theatres...is the DVD out yet? Dx)
But I think I've got an idea for it.

collar.png

I've been suspecting that the black collar piece goes over the back of the silver, but blurry cryptid shots have made it difficult to determine, until I took a real good up-close look at the picture of her with her jacket. (That's some beautiful HD there.)

But I can't see a break where a zipper would be on the top.

So my theory is, the black collar piece acts as a shield to hide the zipper pull. I don't think the zipper extends into the silver collar because that'd just be a long way to try to grab it. So it probably stops right where the collar and center back meet, with the black collar flapping over it.
back.png

I realize I cut my fabric on the wrong grain so I'm currently in panic mode if I want to buy new fabric or just try to deal with it, so, updates again will be slow.

Trying to find better pics, but here's trial 1! I'm gonna end up ripping off the collar, making the neck hole larger, making the arm hole wider, and fixing some stuff on the hands and legs as preliminary fixes.

Still figuring out what's causing the weirdness happening on the yellow, but it might be the interfacing, so I'll rip that out too.

I'm also considering printing on the yellow to get that texture I need, but I'm still figuring out the process for that first.

BHcT6YUTlS7WU5JYpaKBQRf45CrzmcJNDXYrJdQmsY--6Xx_ki_EQ2dqFFOzfzu3YwrRcpXOtRQpTOReUiTDkGtG0owUtuypabqcw7vicGrPuiFLKdGHDJtXi36IVfB1DwA

Hey there,
I know it's been a while since your last update, presumably the con has come and gone. I'm in the process of starting my own DP2 Negasonic Cosplay so this page has been pretty helpful. Do you have any advice/help for me? Or any problems you ran into?
Thank you in advance,
PR

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back