A Prop Story

PHArchivist

Master Member
While shopping in a local antique mart, I came across something that spoke to me...

I have no idea if this was built last week... Last year... Or decades ago...

But I can - fairly rightly so - say that it was built by someone young.

And I imagined a young boy, maybe ten or twelve, building this. Perhaps it was a school project. Boy Scouts maybe. Or maybe he just built it for fun.

Maybe he and his dad worked on it together...

No matter the story, I have to believe that that boy who built this enjoyed it, and took pride in it.

And over the years, somehow it slipped from his family's belongings, and ultimately became just a random object someone acquired to sell in an antique mart.

Call me a sentimentalist...

But I am glad that I - a fellow hobbyist and a man that can appreciate what most certainly was put into this - found this model.

And for a mere $10, this plane is now appreciated not only by me, but hopefully by many others in our community.

IMG_5267.JPG

IMG_5268.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

Last edited:
Cool plane...seems it was built by a dad for his son;) The landing gear is very crude, but serves the purpose of making that plane stands. Seems that it was made several years ago (early '60s) There's a big market for stuff like that. I remember finding a submarine made out of wood and metal. When dipped into the water, two little boxes (affixed to the side of the sub by bent nails) were filling with water and making the sub dip just enough to still show its conning tower. I don't have it anymore, but the simplicity of it all was quite amusing, clever and refreshing. Excellent buy!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back