Our 'Holy Hand Grenade' & grenade chest...

lharles

Sr Member
Hello, all...

I don't get a chance to log in & post here too often anymore, (I visit, but usually in short duration), but do still keep pretty busy with makin' stuff.

Anyhoo...

This is the most recent bit I've made & added to our collection:

https://www.facebook.com/MuseumOfFictionalArtifacts/videos/1094874737326647/

I've got a handful of other posts about makin' the grenade & the chest, but that's the finished product.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share...

uggh.. too bad you posted a link to FB...

*(not really clear WHY you would make a post here, a prop forum.. only to link somewhere else?)

I wanted to see the pics/project.

uggh.. too bad you posted a link to FB...

*(not really clear WHY you would make a post here, a prop forum.. only to link somewhere else?)

I wanted to see the pics/project.

Well, I used to be on here fairly regularly but - due to some personal difficulties - I was absent for quite a while & came back to find all the photos from my projects gone. :(

So, I post mostly to the FB page these days & for this particular project, I wanted to share with the folks on the forum where my interest really blossomed.

I'm not selling anything or trying to draw folks away...I just wanted to share.

My apologies for the frustration.

Guess I'll just go back to lurking.

Re: Our 'Holy Hand Grenade' & grenade chest...

Very cool and nicely done! We just watched the Holy Grail on Saturday. Neep!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I generally am not a fan of FB for stuff like this, but I like the "cleanliness" of your feed on there. Liked and followed! Love the idea of a museum of fictional artifacts. :)

Thanks. :) I'll try to post pics here too, as I'm able.

I took the last video of the finished product & spooled some images out of it...

Attachments

• outputFile01.png
    outputFile01.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 181
  • outputFile05.png
    outputFile05.png
    260.6 KB · Views: 173
  • outputFile07.png
    outputFile07.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 225
  • outputFile09.png
    outputFile09.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 171
  • outputFile12.png
    outputFile12.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 192
  • outputFile13.png
    outputFile13.png
    261.9 KB · Views: 172
  • outputFile14.png
    outputFile14.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 242
  • outputFile16.png
    outputFile16.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 206
  • outputFile17.png
    outputFile17.png
    341 KB · Views: 202
  • outputFile20.png
    outputFile20.png
    367.6 KB · Views: 235
The 'instructions' have been hanging on the wall of the 'Museum' for years. In fact, I think I got the pages from paper props on here, but I'm not certain. :D
I thought these were the instructions:

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it"

I thought these were the instructions:

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it"

Indeed. :D

There's a post that has the pages in their 'ancient' form in paper props, too... ;)

hhg0.jpghhg1.jpghhg2.jpg

It's funny, I made the grenade & thought I was done...but could never quite get used to it sitting out by itself. I wound up spending probably 3x as long working on the CHEST for the grenade as I did on the grenade itself. :D

...that being said, I made 5 of the grenades & gave the other 4 as gifts over the holidays, so I suppose it evens out. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back