Need help with structure builing doubled bladed scythe

Yinami

I hope this is the right thread to post this in...

Hi guys and gals im nearly completed my very first doubled edged scythe from overlord. Im having a little issue trying to keep both blades up right on the staff potions. There are not any videos or guidelines for this type of scythe so im down to asking for help :) any good tips on what i should use to attach my two blades to the staff? I do have pvc piping..any guidance would be nice.

20180521_201451.jpg

if the blades attach as seen it first point of contact, you need two pins for each side (going halfway through the shaft and an inch plus into the blade, this will add some stability. then glue the back of the blades and the pins in place ( hope that makes sense) you could use wooden dowels/rods as pins. if the rod i can see is the pin there mounted on i would add a second one through if possible for stability

hope that's ok, or that someone offers a better solution

It makes perfect sense thank you. I have pvc pipe going through the shaft now. So it would work if i trim the piping and just get slimmer wooden dowels so it could just slide right in to the piping?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back