My handmade replica of Newt Scamander's suitcase from Fantastic Beasts..and contents.

RJN

I have posted about my replica of Newt Scamander's suitcase before, but in this particular post I have included some side by side photos of my replica and the original prop. I have replicated the contents as closely as I am able at the moment. I have also included photos of the pyjama top and the handkerchief which I made by hand. There's also some photos of the gloves and clock, which I had to adapt to be more like the original props. The gloves were originally white and the clock originally had a white face.
I made the suitcase by hand from scratch (Including the stitching, shaping the leather corners, colouring and ageing the leather...).
Here is a little blog about the process of making the suitcase: https://www.ross-nicholson.co.uk/newt-scamanders-suitcase-100-from-scratch/
EB6926E5-E5E9-45F9-93FB-5CF311B6F138.JPG76E6F25C-2BEE-4F1B-89BE-C01EAFEB3AE6.JPGDD839291-241A-48C3-B457-6BD76EB7E8DD.JPGB472E4F3-6996-465F-A5E0-83D95BEB04D2.JPGA41807E4-6697-46C0-9EB3-5CD1D6551BE9.JPGIMG_3998.jpgIMG_4086.jpgIMG_4313.jpgIMG_4316.jpg

Re: My handmade replica of Newt Scamander's suitcase from Fantastic Beasts..and conte

Incredible attention to detail. Great job

Re: My handmade replica of Newt Scamander's suitcase from Fantastic Beasts..and conte

The most amazing thing is that it is a functional suitcase! I guess with the material you have chosen, the suitcase and content will only look better with use!

great looking suitcase! congrats:thumbsup I think that if you want to be even more accurate in the details, the hour needle should be closer to 5 than 4 :)

Yeah. At first I would say to people something like “It’s supposed to be a suitcase....”, until I realised it IS a suitcase.

Yeah. At first I would say to people something like “It’s supposed to be a suitcase....”, until I realised it IS a suitcase.

Do you have any info on the process? I’m currently making my own and I’m open to advice or information?

I have posted about my replica of Newt Scamander's suitcase before, but in this particular post I have included some side by side photos of my replica and the original prop. I have replicated the contents as closely as I am able at the moment. I have also included photos of the pyjama top and the handkerchief which I made by hand. There's also some photos of the gloves and clock, which I had to adapt to be more like the original props. The gloves were originally white and the clock originally had a white face.
I made the suitcase by hand from scratch (Including the stitching, shaping the leather corners, colouring and ageing the leather...).
Here is a little blog about the process of making the suitcase: Newt Scamander’s Suitcase – 100% from scratch
View attachment 818333View attachment 818336View attachment 818338View attachment 818339View attachment 818340View attachment 818341View attachment 818342View attachment 818343View attachment 818344
RJN such an amazing creation, I especially love the images of all the contents. Could you possibly tell me the name of the fabric used for Newt's nightshirt? Did you make it or buy it?

Thanks,
Ali.

RJN such an amazing creation, I especially love the images of all the contents. Could you possibly tell me the name of the fabric used for Newt's nightshirt? Did you make it or buy it?

Thanks,
Ali.
Thank you. I bought the fabric and made the pyjama jacket from it ( I didn't bother making the pyjama trousers, as they'd never be seen). Unfortunately I can't remember where I got the fabric from. Sorry.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back