ecl's Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon Build/Paint!

ecl

Sr Member
My brother bought the amazing Perfect Grade Falcon and we're working on it together, but I'm starting to help him with the paint work. It's going to be a very long process! Not much more can be said about this Falcon kit, amazing!

Here are some in progress preview pics :D I'll try to update more as more progress is made.

Decal scans: http://imgur.com/a/s8xobSO

vvBsEEV.jpg

SVx8KHs.jpg

plCPlgW.jpg

Last edited:
Hey mate, I got one question. Could you do a scan of the detail stickers (those like CAUTION - EJECT SEAT... and so on)? That would be insanely appreciated as I'm trying to create this beauty in 3d and could need some high res images of those stickers for the hull texture. :D

Thanks for the comments guys!

And sure, I can scan the sticker sheet. I’m going to be picking it up from my brother’s place later today! Will update the thread after I get to that.

Thanks for the comments guys!

And sure, I can scan the sticker sheet. I’m going to be picking it up from my brother’s place later today! Will update the thread after I get to that.

Thx man[emoji1303]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Slowly making progress on the Falcon! It's so fun painting this model because you can pretty much see all the same details replicated on it! Bandai really did something amazing with this kit.

The shallow depth of field from the camera is making the hull look more blurry than it really is in this pic:

NSwScSK.jpg

D313VDc.jpg

Id9KOKQ.jpg

Last edited:
I’m actually just using the same pastels (with the aid of some styrene masks) that I’ve used on my other Bandai builds. They seem to work really well with the tamiya paint surface. Also the occasional diluted acrylic paint (mixed with matte medium and water) for some stain detailing here and there.

Do the pastels run or blur when you seal them? I assume you're using dull coat over them?

I do seal them with a dull coat (I like using the Tamiya TS-80) I haven’t had any issues with running or blurring with them, surprisingly! I’ve actually tried in the past on other models to remove/undo some of the pastels by lightly sanding with steel wool and it wasn’t even easy to do that; I’d ended up respraying the pieces instead.

That's awesome, ECL! Thanks for those scans. Some of them I'm going to try transfer down in size to the 350 scale. Do you also have scans of the application key, perchance? (Very gratefully appreciated!)

Your build is looking awesome. Love your blast damage.

You're welcome! Sure, I can scan the application pages sometime this weekend. It's amazing just how many decals there are on the Falcon, most of them being super tiny. They really do add a lot to the overall finish of the model with the little pops of color.

I've started to apply a few of the decals just to mix things up a bit. Still a lot more work to be done, but I kind of like go back and forth between weathering and adding some details here and there. I sort of the see the falcon as a blank canvas, and all the paintwork on top is like a kind of abstract painting.

qkQaBSo.jpg

xJE9E7G.jpg

lmQ76HC.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back