Display/Shadow Boxes/display for DL44

chrisdevine

Hey I thought I would tap into the hive mind here at the RPF on this.

I've done some Replicas of a DL44 and I was wondering on what everyone here does for any display/storage when not cos-playing. I'm wondering if there is a particular make/model of shadow box, or some kind of display stand that people have had some experience with. I've included a pic of the DL44 I did for reference.

IMG_E3112.JPG

I was thinking of the Ikea Kasseby, as it's inexpensive, and as it's a case, wouldn't need any dusting, but I'm glad to know it's too shallow, before I bought one. The one Panaflex showed looks great, but might be a bit out of my price range, but I love the idea of the lighting..

I found this shadow box at Michael's craft store. I had to break the glass out of the front but it is the perfect size and depth for a DL44.

42192318502_9b77dd552f_c.jpg

28365848348_1db47c76f9_c.jpg

I made them on my mini lathe and threaded the backside so there would be no visible screws. Machine screws go through the backer board and I used washers to help spread the weight out a bit.

41517272424_ebed694574_c.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back