Frank Sidebottom head (2014 Movie Frank)

NathansPROPS

After seeing the film Frank (based on a true story) I had to have my own Frank head. I searched around online and found a Papercraft low polygon model of Franks head from the movie that someone had made. I purchased the files and got started on my Head. This build was a fun one, and enjoyable to score the paper craft folds while listening to music form the movie. I liked the film a lot and personally recommend you give it a try.
frank-2014-film-poster-one-sheet_9305.jpgil_570xN.1071163490_q00p.jpgIMG_1618.jpg
IMG_1630.jpgIMG_1631.jpgIMG_1638.jpgIMG_1647.jpg
More to come on this build.

After finishing the Papercraft head, I applied two layers of fiberglass resin on the outside of the head. I then started to apply Fiberglass on the interior of the head to give it strength.
IMG_1652.jpgIMG_1653.jpgIMG_1663.jpgIMG_1680.jpgIMG_1681.jpg

After I fiberglassed most of the inside of the head. I decided to prime the outside of it. Then started painting the hair with a gloss black.
IMG_1739.jpgIMG_1738.jpgIMG_1746.jpgIMG_1748.jpgIMG_1752.jpg

Then came painting the face, with a gloss beige from Rustoleum. Test fitting the head to make sure it fit which it did. And then I started adding cardboard face parts to it. It looks off since there are no eyebrows on it yet.
IMG_1776.jpgIMG_1777.jpgIMG_1793.jpgIMG_1803.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back