1/72 Hoth Echo Base Hangar diorama

I hear ya, I had to whittle down a chunk of lead wheel weight one time and stuff it in the nose of a B-25 to hold it down :lol
There are tracked versions of cherry pickers so check them for track scale. That said the bigger the arm on these things the more counter weight they need, So bigger tank hull

Agreed :thumbsup I'll have to see what's left in my LED stash. Though I do have an ample supply of chip LED's intended for the PG, but I can replenish those for later, won't need them right away. besides, the CHIP one's have the hair thin wire which will be all the more easy to conceal as opposed to the #28 stuff I have on 50ft rolls.
I'd add it. Since there is limited availability of actual set pictures of it, your artistic liberties are less constrained. Adding a tracked component seems logical. The Sandcrawler comes to mind... You'll need to add the light mount it has, though... That'll make it look cooler anyway. Adding details like this will only make it better and keep the viewer engaged longer, looking at all the small details.

Agreed :thumbsup I'll have to see what's left in my LED stash. Though I do have an ample supply of chip LED's intended for the PG, but I can replenish those for later, won't need them right away. besides, the CHIP one's have the hair thin wire which will be all the more easy to conceal as opposed to the #28 stuff I have on 50ft rolls.

There you go! I have about 100 of the SMD leds.... :O I do have to wire them myself, but for ~$5, I can't complain.

So much cheaper! Since I spend enoug on the model kits and shapeways upgrades, saving where I can is helpful...lol... Plus, I get to become a better electrician and solderer... Jack of all trades, brother!

I hear ya brother, I spend way too much on specific pre-wired stuff. Though I did get a pack of 20 1.8mm reds and the appropriate resistors from one vendor for real cheap, like 5 bucks or so. I've gotten pretty good with the iron, just selecting the resistors was a hurdle. need to do like I did on the 20 reds going forward. lately, I've been ditching the supplied wire anyway cause its too fat for what I need. learning curves
So much cheaper! Since I spend enoug on the model kits and shapeways upgrades, saving where I can is helpful...lol... Plus, I get to become a better electrician and solderer... Jack of all trades, brother!

Looks like there might be 2 of them. Not sure if thats the same thing on the left, but its something like it.

echo.jpg

oh yeah, for sure. I did buzz through it once when you sent it to me, but admit to not reading in the entirety. was there a specific section on selecting the right resistors? that's where I get into difficulty. btw...how are the maintenance pits for the PG coming along? I remember you saying you were going to be traveling for a couple weeks, or something to that effect.

oh yeah, for sure. I did buzz through it once when you sent it to me, but admit to not reading in the entirety. was there a specific section on selecting the right resistors? that's where I get into difficulty. btw...how are the maintenance pits for the PG coming along? I remember you saying you were going to be traveling for a couple weeks, or something to that effect.

Well I’ve been overseas, helping dredge through my father in law’s enormous garbage-filled storage units. No time for anything else at this point!

If you are using a Droid phone, and what true Star Wars fan doesn't, the app ElectroDroid has a number of handy led / resistor tools. The free version works well for my needs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rather than start another thread, I'm going to continue with this one for my PG Falcon. After taking a break to assemble my Storm Trooper Armor for Halloween, I'm back to "the table".
I haven't done a whole lot just yet but at least I finally got started. Was waiting for Shapeways pieces to arrive. So I skipped to the first mandible maint. wells, still needs some tuning as I went back to the cockpit assembly once the 3D stuff showed up.

PG1.jpeg

PG2.jpeg

PG3.jpeg

PG4.jpeg

PG5.jpeg

PG6.jpeg

PG7.jpeg

PG8.jpeg

I cut off the nubs from the Shapeways console that are meant to represent the hyperdrive levers and replaced them with some stripped 28w wire, though I think they'll need to be repositioned to the same center point at their base and jus have random angles for a more accurate look. I elected to "attempt" lighting the back wall with FO, even thought the space to run them back into the main hull will certainly be challenging, but I think I can pull it off. I intend on having a handful, maybe 8 or 10 of the FO in the wall, as well as one or two from the console go to at least two blinking LED's which will have a random blink so the blinking will appear at least to alternate. It would look stupid and cheap to have all of them blinking at the same time from only one LED. otherwise, I'm following Korban's brilliant lead on this build (y)

More to follow...

some random stuff from the last few days. I decided I wanted the cockpit tunnel lights just to the rear of the cone under the PE screen. Some very thin acrylic sheet designed for light diffusion did the trick with a red and a white chip LED. ultra small wires and the resistor on the end should allow the wires to pass behind the corridor easily. I'm following Korban's method of a .50 FO going to the corridor wall lighting, greenish LED of course, plus I have some electric green testors enamel I used some time ago for a Kawasaki logo. Painted lightly on the wall fixtures should enhance the effect...I hope.

PG9.jpeg

PG10.jpeg

PG12.jpeg

PG13.jpeg

PG14.jpeg

PG15.jpeg

PG16.jpeg

PG17.jpeg

PG18.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back