1/72 Hoth Echo Base Hangar diorama

man you're not kidding! Finding figures for this has been a chore to say the least. I think if I get good enough with the design aspect of the 3D printer I just got, I'm going to binge on SW figures so the stuff will be out there in the future. I did try the micro as well, yep...too small...like 1/87 scale? Too bad they couldn't have just done them in 1/72, right?
There was a seated figure of Leia in Hoth gear for the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon

I would love more true 1/72 standing figures for Star Wars

Micromachine figures are close, but a little on the small side

cave white1.JPGcave white2.jpegNot sure what it was, but shooting white wall texture from a can on this foam gave the texture a slight blue/green hue...took 4 coats of Krylon satin white to get it completely white. Anyway, I think, it's white enough.

Thanks fellas!, two of the opinions which I hold in high regard. Thanks for the :thumbsup. I wanna get this right so input is always welcome, even if it's a critique. I haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like on it, but hopefully I can step it back up come the weekend :confused

Thanks fellas!, two of the opinions which I hold in high regard. Thanks for the :thumbsup. I wanna get this right so input is always welcome, even if it's a critique. I haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like on it, but hopefully I can step it back up come the weekend :confused

I'm there with you... Have been distracted by the PG Falcon and FM Slave 1... But I will be back to the docking bay tonight. I'm itching to get it done!

I admire what both of you are doing and sharing in your respective build threads .
Also a little bit envious of your seemingly consistent enthusiasm and progress on these wonderful projects . :p
I’ve been plodding away on my Deago MF for 2yrs+ for a variety of reasons , within and out of my control , and during this period my ‘ mojo ‘ for working on it tends to ebb & flow .:facepalm

It’s why I’m grateful for eventually signing up for membership here , it not only allows me to witness fellow enthusiasts work , but , at times I feel encouraged and privileged to interact with them . :thumbsup
Gaining new insights , knowledge and inspiration along the way . All aspects of which I’m trying to apply with my own builds - currently and into the future .;)

:cheersGed

I almost got a little misty there Ged, that's a hell of a nice thing to say and I appreciate the sentiment. Have you got a thread on your Deago? We'd ALL love to see it! I got one in the closet...6 boxes of it! I think the upgrades I want for it are more than I paid for the entire kit... on sale! Hopefully by the time I get round to it I'll have some skill with the 3D printer and I can scavenge the files and print all of it myself. But then there's the PE set too, I forget how much it was but I'm sure it's a spendy bugger :lol
btw Ged, you keep coming around my friend, we love having you here, for myself, it wouldn't be the same without ya brother :thumbsup
I admire what both of you are doing and sharing in your respective build threads .
Also a little bit envious of your seemingly consistent enthusiasm and progress on these wonderful projects . :p
I’ve been plodding away on my Deago MF for 2yrs+ for a variety of reasons , within and out of my control , and during this period my ‘ mojo ‘ for working on it tends to ebb & flow .:facepalm

It’s why I’m grateful for eventually signing up for membership here , it not only allows me to witness fellow enthusiasts work , but , at times I feel encouraged and privileged to interact with them . :thumbsup
Gaining new insights , knowledge and inspiration along the way . All aspects of which I’m trying to apply with my own builds - currently and into the future .;)

:cheersGed

echo wall cable.jpgshould I go with a secondary slightly smaller hanging about 1/4 below...or just the one? I'm going to fix the lights just below this cable and wire them from the backside with regular red/black
Opinions please:thumbsup

round house observ1.JPGround house observ2.jpegwall cables1.jpegwall cables2.jpegso, I've decided that opening in the upper left of the round house is like another control or observation room, so I knocked this together with a couple of 3mm LED's and stuck a few of the folks in there for a photo op. Also, I conferred with Korban today on the wall cables and this is what I got so far. Need another length of the smaller wire to finish the second strand, and I still need to do the light fixtures which will be wired from the back rather than have the fat white ones being "live".
Hope everyone had a good weekend :thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back