TOS Earpiece - Uhura communicator - 3D printer test

propmaster2000

Sr Member
A few months ago I got a 3D printer and it has amazed me on the accuracy, every time I print something new.

I wanted to test the printer by doing something that had small fins, so I chose the Uhura Earpiece Communicator from The Original Series.
It worked pretty well in my opinion and it adds to the future usage of my printer. :)

Last edited:
I finally got a few minutes to put a coat of chrome paint on the Earpiece, but of course, it will not stay shiny very long.
Just by simply touching chrome spray paint will cause it to become dull.
Anyway, it turned out ok and it is a nice costume piece or just for show on my shelf.

Thanks again for watching....:)

Last edited by a moderator:

I did a little modification on the silicone earbud holder of my TOS Earpiece Comm. so that it would hold the larger Bluetooth version
of the earbud.

earpiece comm 1.jpg earpiece comm 2.jpg

Thanks for the information.
I think I saw that video some time ago, but sadly, I don't have access to an air brush to apply non-aerosol paint and clear coat. :(
It might be the thinner base in an aerosol can that kills the chrome effect as well.
Not sure is water base clear has any negative effect on chrome since I haven't tied it, but it's hard to apply by hand.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back