Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019 (April 11-April 15)

Didn't bother for VIP (got in late anyway), but boy, hotels were a mess. Similar to SDCC, wasn't able to get in through OnPeak fast enough. Luckily, managed to book outside the hotel block, though at a higher price than initially found 15 minutes prior to booking. So I'll be staying at the Congress Plaza, and looking to means of getting to the con and back without being forced to walk 40 minutes with uncomfortable boots and con exclusives, haha. There seems to be a Metra nearby that I can take advantage of, and worse comes to worse, I can take a rideshare.

Though I am going to keep an eye on the hotel block in case more pop up.

Struck out on both...

I started checking for tickets at 30 minutes prior. Got right in the queue when it opened and VIP was already sold out... Total bummer. Ended up going with a 5-day pass.

Later, I went for a hotel. I was in the queue for almost 40 minutes. Finally get in. Start booking a room. Click the button. Get a messages that says someone booked the room while I was filling out the form... :angry

I later found a room 3 miles from the venue for just slightly over the block rate, so not totally happy, but it'll do, Donkey, it'll do...

Sean

Got in the queue on the dot and had two VIP tickets in my cart and they disappeared when I tried to check out at 12:00:15 cdt.

While waiting to find out if my cousin could go with me, we missed out on Saturday tickets. I can't believe they sold out within 5 days.

Looks like I won't be going, unless they release more tickets at a later date. Who knows the next time Celebration will be this close to me...:(

While waiting to find out if my cousin could go with me, we missed out on Saturday tickets. I can't believe they sold out within 5 days.

Looks like I won't be going, unless they release more tickets at a later date. Who knows the next time Celebration will be this close to me...:(
They won't be releasing extra tickets at a later date. Best bet is to check the unofficial Celebration Facebook group at a later time when people can send passes they cannot use in hand, or the unofficial Celebration subreddit. Just be wary as ReedPop is apparently cracking down on attempted reselling. As there have been tickets popping back up for "refunded/cancelled" badges recently.

You could also go some of the other days and just visit Chicago on Saturday. I'm sure there are things to occupy yourself.

I will be there! Hope to meet up with folks if there's an RPF tag up. I'm going to be bringing my Yavin scanner with me to show Lorne and hopefully get a photo together with it...

Dan

Got my tik for Monday. All they had left.
Same.

But the hardest decision I'm finding is which lightsaber to make my belt hanger...
x38oy5r.jpg

Starting to get all my stuff together for SWCC! Can’t believe it’s next week!

Not sure exactly when I’ll be wearing all this, but the costumes I’m bringing are:

• ESB - Han Solo
  • ESB - Luke Skywalker
  • ANH - TK
  • TFA - Kylo Ren
Sean

DF889975-E9A9-44E9-AA42-8984F1C0B9B4.jpeg

I'll be there on Saturday. It's going to be my first time at Celebration and I'm very excited. I've been putting the finishing touches on my homemade ANH Darth Vader.

How in the world are there not more posts in this thread??? It's going on Day 3 and only one post? Come on people, for those of us that didn't score tickets...you need to be our eyes...do some reporting!!!

Thank you,
Shawn

Fun. I only made it today. Monday. I think there were more costumes on earlier days.

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20190415_122627.jpg
    IMG_20190415_122627.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 159
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back