1/12 scale Han Solo Landspeeder

Tanolucas

Hello people.

With this vehicle in particular, it happened to me the opposite that with the jakku speeder, in this case, I did not like at all the first time I saw it, I considered it a poorly achieved vehicle, as with lack of detail and made at hurried. The days passed and every so often I looked for new information about the movie. Searching, I found an article that compared this vehicle with the Ford Falcon 60 ............. In short, this article made me start to see this vehicle with more "love" ... so , after looking at a few more photos, I ended up changing my first impression completely and decided to make mine from scratch.

The vehicle that everyone must have already seen ...

030Sc5Y.jpg

scdaWEK.png

First basic computer forms to determine proportions and distances

Ax97apb.jpg

38CFca8.jpg

GYvq72B.jpg

no9nr3r.jpg

Some progress on the cockpit, which I will gradually detail.

f21kIr8.jpg

B13cGFu.jpg

SBInCEQ.jpg

Advance on the turbine that this device has on the left side, look to make it as similar as possible to the little you can see in the photos that are on the network.

I started with that kind of afterburner that has the end.

NDY38JI.jpg

AZ4eZEU.jpg

Then I went to the front of the turbine ..

ZkrrOb5.jpg

rwYbtVH.jpg

Finally, I detail the middle part ..

o0Wg6NT.jpg

XMPbRXY.jpg

oq95cWV.jpg

Qp7Mfyz.jpg

In the end, take the opportunity to give a little more detail to the back ..

Before

l4A4lfw.jpg

After.

H5vzzEB.jpg

I made the seats with their head supports and that kind of small ailerons that is behind each seat.

LpdAShZ.jpg

dND0Kdd.jpg

JkchjIX.jpg

Everything together ... is taking shape !! ..

scYPRBr.jpg

6nYRaXJ.jpg

n3UcJAV.jpg

T7PvS42.jpg

Advances, for now everything in Computer

Front part

4RVL4vv.jpg

HO48oGb.jpg

H19rqvi.jpg

nT31iP3.jpg

This is the side turbine on the left side

TFBX7iG.jpg

sCJDWH4.jpg

More detail about the interior of the cockpit. I am designing it in such a way that I can place lights, so it is necessary to take into account where the cables will go, where the lights will go, etc., etc.

meFOAKZ.jpg

sZeyD5k.jpg

I made the engine that has on the front, to my understanding, a kind of electric generator.

EAxgO8N.jpg

The windshield and its corresponding frame, this piece was quite complicated due to its intricate shape ..

DMLmLWp.jpg

iGk7Ftr.png

ImSTaAw.jpg

These are the components that are uncovered in the left part of the vehicle, still lack more detail, but these are the most striking forms

0B9q63b.jpg

OEaXFk3.jpg

the paneling, which is quite complicated, the shapes in the front are asymmetrical and do not have a logic

5j0UYD8.jpg

fv5BS2Z.jpg

tuXQLbz.jpg

Now I dismiss the virtual part with the complete design and ready for printing in these renders.

WwPZvNi.jpg

6Xe9E2u.jpg

n6v1SqV.jpg

mvxma7j.jpg

A couple more with the lighting of the film .....

46GYmLP.jpg

BxD8Zqv.jpg

YsvmpBM.jpg

Now, the important thing, printed pieces

Seccion 1

3rCnylX.jpg

GArJzzJ.jpg

Seccion 2

UC3Lo48.jpg

pqc3iH1.jpg

Together

rywquwf.jpg

Aileron

vnAlwBt.jpg

E3bhlAf.jpg

The windshield frame

CnLgQHY.jpg

That's all folks. Soon I will continue printing the pieces

Cheers!

Last edited:
Fascinating to watch and learn about your process ... thanks for sharing ( subbed ! ) . Looking forward to your updates .

:cheersGed

This is really fun to watch come together. I can't wait to see more printed parts and see the new 6 inch figs in the seats once completed, lol.

Hello!.
More advances in terms of printing.

Components on the left side that go along the side.

zXKA8QP.jpg

Afterburners

ZYhsuXQ.jpg

Main turbine (Left side)

Bh0kXI4.jpg

All sections of the body.
Some took about 7 hours to print, the total length of the model was about 37 cmt long and 19 cmt wide.

K2hsK3K.jpg

O5wr3tN.jpg

7w0rXKr.jpg

5wLQqdI.jpg

Vi7uBEt.jpg

Now I am printing the head restraints and the structure that is behind, as well as the seats and the steering wheel.

bye

Awesome. Can't wait to see more. What material is it printed in? I hope you go through the whole painting process. I would like you know what type of paint used for the material.

Awesome. Can't wait to see more. What material is it printed in? I hope you go through the whole painting process. I would like you know what type of paint used for the material.

Hi Jay, The material is plastic (PLA) and can be putty, sanding and priming. Then you can paint it with enamel or acrylics and you can use oils and pigments .... Greetings!

Is there any kind of descriptive canon about it yet? I wonder if its like an engine "module" of sorts from a bigger craft, that's simply been hollowed out a bit (or some such thing?)

I had not thought about that. Clearly it has a very rare shape, so it may be likely to be a part of a larger ship.

- - - Updated - - -

:lolThat's actually what I like about it. It's like a souped up 1960s Ford Galaxy -- which seems appropriately retro for the era.
View attachment 817819

I agree with you.
In another forum, they compared it to the 60's Ford Falcon

This is looking superb . Not knowing anything about 3D modelling or planning/ printing , I’m excited to see how your concepts are coming into fruition .
The amount of detail you’re incorporating into it is wonderful . Can I ask where / what you’re using as a source of reference for this ?
Thank you again for sharing .

Last edited:
Staggeringly great. I also have come to like this speeder despite...well! (That windshield is the classic Lego Space cockpit piece!) I think, thematically, it's designed to mirror the Falcon. The Blue is mirrored on Lando's plate livery, and the asymmetrical "Book" design likewise mirrors the offset symmetry of the Falcon's dish and cockpit.

Curious, though. Why did you build this from scratch, instead of just modding either the toy or the kit?

This is looking superb . Not knowing anything about 3D modelling or planning/ printing , I’m excited to see how your concepts are coming into fruition .
The amount of detail you’re incorporating into it is wonderful . Can I ask where / what you’re using as a source of reference for this ?
Thank you again for sharing .

Hi Ged, thank you very much for the good comments.
The only references that I am using are the photos that were published from the filming set, where the vehicle appears with the wheels and some of the Revell model.
Thanks for your opinion!!
Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back