Help Identifying a version of Lao Che's Diamond

JKKS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,

I recently got in touch with someone on these boards wanting to buy an eye of the peacock/Lao Che diamond from markpoon
I bought a diamond a while back when I was still building my Indiana Jones collection (I upgraded it since then) and I was always pretty sure that the diamond that I had came from markpoon. I checked the very thorough record that I keep regarding all the prop purchases that I make I did write at the time that it came from him.

However I also got a bunch of other stuff from him around that time (notably the gold coins and Nurhachi Urn) so I might have mixed things up.
The person I got in touch with also showed me pictures of a diamond that is noticeably different from mine (the missing bezel at the top being the cue thing here).
So I am kind of confused now. We also have hydin here that made these (and I know that I have bought from him in the past) but I don't remember getting mine from him.
Maybe markpoon produced 2 different versions ?

I would be really grateful if any of you Indy diehards could help me solve this one.

I have attached pictures of both my diamond and what has been clearly identified as markpoon's.

IMG_0845.JPGimage.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps Paracord Junky can help you?

Although.... he hasn't logged in here in about a year, so he may not respond.

He posted in a Indiana Jones collection show off thread, and it looks like he has both pieces. Perhaps he can recall where he bought both?

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look very similar to me. Can't help you unfortunately. I own both Mark Poon's and Relic Makers. Neither pictured is RM's though.

I have the same diamond as you have on the right, I am pretty sure that one is a Markpoon diamond. Not so sure about if he did two versions or not. Sorry.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back