Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2018
    Messages
    6
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 9:53 AM - Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #1

    Is there anyone out there that is capable of molding, or molds Bapty E11 aluminum grips? These would be the grips that they used in Tunisia in A New Hope. I've been searching everywhere for one and it's my biggest obstacle in the build I'm working on. I'm attempting a build from a real Sterling and need to keep it as accurate as possible.

    Please!
  2. dcarty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2002
    From
    Colorado Spgs, Colorado
    Messages
    1,169
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 10:04 AM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #2

    Kurtyboy is the only member I can recall who has replicated the aluminum castings for a stunt blaster.
  3. Member Since
    May 2018
    Messages
    6
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 10:35 AM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #3

    dcarty said: View Post
    Kurtyboy is the only member I can recall who has replicated the aluminum castings for a stunt blaster.
    Thanks. I've reached out to him via PM.
    Last edited by Plainsrunner; 5 Days Ago at 11:00 AM.
  4. Member Since
    May 2018
    Messages
    6
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 12:00 PM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #4

    Well, Kurtyboy was good enough to get back to me. The person that made his grip is retired/inactive and doesn't have a forwarding address. So far all of my leads for one of these grips have come up empty. They simply don't exist.

    I'm now contemplating attempting a cast myself. Am I crazy?

    - - - Updated - - -

    OR should I just go inaccurate and use my Sterling grips? I was really attempting screen accuracy here, so I don't like that option.
  5. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,685
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 1:37 PM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #5

    I contacted him about this as well, a while back.

    Technically, the prop team did cast them themselves so creating something that looks close enough would be accurate
  6. Member Since
    May 2018
    Messages
    6
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 2:21 PM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #6

    thd9791 said: View Post
    I contacted him about this as well, a while back.

    Technically, the prop team did cast them themselves so creating something that looks close enough would be accurate
    What did you ultimately decide to do? Are you just using the Sterling grips for now?
  7. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,685
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 7:16 PM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #7

    Plainsrunner said: View Post
    What did you ultimately decide to do? Are you just using the Sterling grips for now?

    I gave up until I could find an MGC or an airsoft honestly.

    I talked to the ATF and got an interesting email back about welding inside pieces together and some other things to make it non-functional. Way out of my league...
  8. Member Since
    May 2018
    Messages
    6
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 8:24 PM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #8

    thd9791 said: View Post
    I gave up until I could find an MGC or an airsoft honestly.

    I talked to the ATF and got an interesting email back about welding inside pieces together and some other things to make it non-functional. Way out of my league...
    Yes you have to weld some things inside the chamber so that they are comfortable it's non-functional. Mine doesn't have a barrel, receiver, and the receiver chamber is blocked by welds.

    Even though I'm comfortable I have all the inside pieces welded to their satisfaction, I'm going to pour molten aluminum into the chamber after I get the tube inserted into it. This will turn the entire receiver chamber into a solid block of metal. I like to overdo things like that.
    Last edited by Plainsrunner; 5 Days Ago at 8:40 PM.
  9. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,685
    5 Days Ago  May 15, 2018, 9:19 PM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #9

    Plainsrunner said: View Post
    Yes you have to weld some things inside the chamber so that they are comfortable it's non-functional. Mine doesn't have a barrel, receiver, and the receiver chamber is blocked by welds.

    Even though I'm comfortable I have all the inside pieces welded to their satisfaction, I'm going to pour molten aluminum into the chamber after I get the tube inserted into it. This will turn the entire receiver chamber into a solid block of metal. I like to overdo things like that.
    Man, if you have a way to do a second one to specs like that, let me know! If the entire thing was a welded hunk of metal I think thats okay
  10. RPF Premium Member OdiWan72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2000
    From
    Cologne, Germany
    Messages
    5,187
    4 Days Ago  May 17, 2018, 1:24 AM - Re: Searching planet Earth for an aluminum Bapty blaster grip #10

    Field Marshall has plans to do the stunt E11 once he finished his standard E11 project.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Sep 6, 2016, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 21, 2016, 12:41 PM
  3. Escape From Planet Earth (Post-release)
    Vivek, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2013, 10:15 AM
  4. Aluminum Blaster grip material?
    jhusel, Replica Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
  5. Aluminum T rails for lightsaber grip
    Obi_Don, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 8, 2006, 11:26 AM