Let's see your work-space.

Hmmm this thread just shamed me into going into my garage and cleaning up :$

View attachment 820360

I can see the floor, It's clean enough.
My main work area is the small table in the lower right corner. Move it outside and its my welding bench, spay station. Inside it get sat on, stood on and used as a tool rest.
The large heavy duty bench to the left has my Lathe, Pillar drill, Band saw and milling machines on. And my printer enclosure is on the far right (Got an Anycubic Photon arriving in the next week and I ain't got a clue where to put it) Bigger shop needed with a dedicated clean area for printers, I've never had an issue with dust in my printer enclosure but I'm sure resin printing is gonna change that
i know just how you felt, I had the day off work so I decided to clean up my garage so I could get to my lathe, bench grinder, vice and stand drill, I now feel liberated and able get on with other projects, the wife was oh so happy !!! No more banging and drilling on her dining room table, I should have taken a before picture as I couldn’t step 2 feet in, there was so much junk and wood in the way
240B8A95-955C-4301-B0B9-2160CA469520.jpeg

Finally got my own work space back, 10 years ago I converted the back half of my garage for the 3 dogs we had, now after 10 years of it being the kennels for the dogs I no longer have to upset the wife with working on her dining room table, 2 of my dogs have now gone to doggy heaven and the third old girl has been moved into the house with us.
soooo the wife is going to be a prop widow as I won’t be in the house very much
I need cupboards, draws, shelves, more electrical sockets and a door cutting in the garage half so I can get to my other bigger tools oh and a decent radio and chair !!!
522351F6-0433-4DE6-A61A-C1DEF0F3E766.jpeg

I love these shop pics! I always find them inspiring. I'm going to share a few of my early workspaces from the past.

This was my first real shop, in the basement storage space of my first apartment in the Mission in San Francsico.
Fon Davis of Fonco and I were putting our little shops together at the same time in the late 90's and early aughts. We'd compare notes, visit each other's shop, and swap stories of difficult clients.
workshop.jpg

This is the tiny 11x13' space in the basement of my first house. I managed to get a lot done in that space. But it was tight.

adamjudsonshop.jpg

This was my workbench in my parents basement. Clearly I got started early with the "noisy" space. I like a lot of visual cacophony.
photo-7.JPG

Mine is technically 2 shops, it’s (2) single car garages, separated by a wall, with a door between. I’m in the midst of separating wood from metal work tools as I’ve discovered how hot steel sparks don’t agree (or agree REALLY well) with wood shavings & dust. At first I found the wall between annoying until I discovered it’s just more storage!

DD3F2246-FE8E-4CE3-927E-5ADE6733B169.jpeg
62C01BAF-0F27-469C-A5DD-DB69B39D7823.jpeg
AD65265D-B3AC-4382-9D75-09306717F2CC.jpeg
A222E556-B51A-4CD0-AE15-5FCC03EFE8D4.jpeg
27AE7FDD-EEA8-46E3-9B65-60B8D4BB6399.jpeg

Our attic space - workshop/studio in progress. Not much happening yet and not a patch on a lot of the awesome spaces posted here - but it'll be my creative sanctuary in no time. :)

Visible in the back is my ANH trooper leg armour, undergoing repairs before a Christmas troop tomorrow.

Shop_2411-18.jpg

Thought I’d share mine, as well :)
I put up most of my things in a shared office space that I’m using together with a movie script writer.
The rest I’m making in a makerspace that’s nearby :)

IMG_20181129_124628.jpg

IMG_20181129_124709.jpg

Honesty one of my favorite threads to come check on- looking good guys!

making me want to get a 3D printer

Just put together a new miter saw station with some tool and material storage as well! Working on a new work table for the middle of the garage as of right now. I'm excited to start working on some larger projects!

Made a video about it too:

DSC_2346.jpg

well my work-space has evolved a fair bit since my first post - only really one change to go - i want a mini mill but they are relatively expensive and i only have one small job lined up for it so doesn't seem worth the money right now - so that will have to wait but hell i love my workshop so i thought i would share again

so quick video tour

This is my workspace at work. I have a lot of idle time working 3rd shift, so a lot of time for personal projects.

My home workspace is divided between my 17x32 barn, but it needs a new roof and has no insulation (it's currently -3 degrees F) so it's a seasonal workshop and is dedicated for storage until I get a new roof put on. It's wired for power, which is disconnected at the moment, so I moved what little I could to the house. I work at the kitchen table and I have my crafting desk, which is covered in a WIP of Sith Armor, greeblies, and other WIP projects.

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_233126.jpg
    IMG_20190120_233126.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20190120_233121.jpg
    IMG_20190120_233121.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20190120_233115.jpg
    IMG_20190120_233115.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
I am in awe of some of these workspaces. I have a two car garage that usually has two cars in it. I have pull the cars out to work and then put everything back to put the cars back in. Definitely jealous. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back