Organic stormtrooper.

cullen9

So i've decided to jump in on another project. I ran across Lucas Bischoff's work on instagram and followed it to his artstation page. https://www.artstation.com/lucasbischoff

rgFwsC8.jpg

So after deciding on the stormtrooper I asked if he would allow me to try my hand at sculpting his work and make a mask from it. He agreed, so long as it's not for commercial use.

I've never done a foam latex mask before. So what I thinking of doing is to make a resin mask first. Then sculpt the neck then go for a latex casting.

So I started the sculpt of it the other day.

20180514_205103.jpg

So I'm slowly working on getting everything roughed out. There's some symmetry issues I need to tackle, but right now I've been focused on getting everything into a general recognizable shape.

Wasn't to happy with the over all shape of the lover jaw and some of the proportions and placements felt off as i worked more and more one the chin.

So wound up scraping a bunch of it away and going back over it. Feeling a lot better about the look of it now. I'm gonna throw a bag on it for the night and take another look at it in the morning.

DggbPomV4AAdn4.jpeg

So got this all finished before the con, and got a hard shell version casted and painted the day before Dragon Con.

I did have some last minute issues with the mother mold and the fiberglass not curing.

So I pulled it all and wiped down the silicon and used the last of the plaster bandages and freefoam air to make a dirty shell for casting.

I will be doing the molding and casting over again since i had so many issues with it, even if it does make a cool bar light.

IMG_20180820_064042_381.jpg
20180820_205300.jpg
IMG_20180830_123526_144.jpg
IMG_-6kx21i (1).jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back