Deadpool 2 (Post-release)

What did you think of Deadpool 2?

• Total voters
Okay lets get this out of the way.

I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, BUT its pretty damn good fun for the most part. I just felt the story wasn't as overall strong or compelling though I still laughed out aloud alot, but not as often . Saying that when DP2 does hit that funnybone its an extremely intense experience, infact I think the X Force scene is perhaps the funniest sequence I've seen since the spaceship in "Life of Brian". Its simply LOL brilliantly unexpected..

Its a VERY dark openning though (but I did like the James Bond style intro) and because of it some of the pathos is really uncomfortable to watch, but it rapidly picks up again once Deadpool gets recruited into the X men (trainee). There are quite a few revisions to the trailer, keep your eyes pealed for the many Easter eggs , sudden and VERY brief cameos and old new reintroductions.

Character wise I absolutely loved Domino and Cable, Brolin manages to leave Thanos in the right universe almost as soon as he appears. The only real objection I had overall was to Ryan in that he repeated a fair few of the first Deadpool jokes but super out grossed them ,which weakened it a tad for me from being a total A+++ , but some of the deeper emotional moments are surprisingly heartfelt. He REALLY does take the p*** out of the superhero genre way more than the first (and he is absolutely cooking with gas in this one) ,but the next movie really does need to let the X force characters get slightly more to do ( !!!!!!!!!!!!! ).

Well worth seeing in a crowd, great atmosphere again. Stay for the mid credits scenes (which you will need) because the ending is slightly abrupt (again), but they will help explain exactly why that is and are even more absolutely hilarious as a result ( but don't wait to the very end of credits, theres nothing to see after the mids).

PS:
Oh dear, for those that doubted I actually went to see the movie here is the proof that I did: DP2 got a very early release in the UK. I don't post spoilers because I got heavily criticised some years ago by people coming to a post release thread BEFORE they went to see the film. If you reread my post AFTER you've seen it you'll note I've hidden some.

aPE9hYhb.jpg

Last edited:
Loved it too, one of the ushers in the cinema came in after the mid credits scenes to assure us there were no more to come.

I didn't expect it to be as emotional as it was.

Fixed
I wanna see a screen shot of the xmen in the room behind Wade when he was at the mansion.

I looked on IMDB and they are listed but uncredited. As previously stated by others I really enjoyed it and think its on a par with the first movie, not "Better and Funnier" as many reviews had stated. Without wanting tovlay down spoilers, I wonder if the end credit scenes will change anything in a 3rd movie or was it just for laughs.

Very good and funny movie with great action sequences. "OH HELLO SUPERPOWERS".... Glad I went to see it.

I stayed away from all the trailers and what not for this film as best as I could, though the marketing was everywhere!
I wasn't expecting much from it, but man did it deliver! I don’t know what the consensus is on spoilers so I’ll be vague.. though, if you’re in a post release thread and are going to get pissy about spoilers.. pick a different thread..

Domino killed it, and Brolin is on point as always. The Cable interrogation scene was great... a certain unexpected (to me at least) character popping up and the way they took care of him was great. I also liked that “ending”’that goes on just a little too long, in a funny way. All around I think the humor was on point. I’m sure some folks will have to pull the stick out in reference to the jokes made about the caretakers but come on..

I left with a smile on my face. Unfortunately there was a strong breeze when I left the cinema and I died upon impacting the ticket booth. :lol

I was going to wait to see it, but yesterday, on a whim, I decided to see an early show (ONE good seat left!). Forgot to pay close attention during the opening credits, but I caught most of the jokes. Overall, at least on par with the original.

Great blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in the X-Force.

During the final battle, I suddenly realized his suit was held together with duct tape. Was that sudden or had it been ever since he blew himself up and I failed to notice?

I originally thought it was due to juggy pulling him apart but the tape lines up with multiple pieces vs ripped in half.
Maybe he only had 2 suits and it explains in a cut scene?

I really enjoy this movie. I like it as much as the first one and love the after credit scenes. I couldnt stay for the last one because I had to go toliet.

This... was a dense movie. Daaaaamn. Starting it out with that music box and going from there. The "Take on Me" music video reference worked into his near-death stuff?

images

The ash and grime turning the red of his suit gray, just like his X-Force suit in the comics?

Deadpool-X-Force.png

Heck, incorporating Shatterstar -- actually having him be alien, having the black star over his eye, the stupidly impractical double-sword... and even working in his goofy Rob Liefeld facemask thingie?

2572627-shatterstar_bigcostume1.jpg

(Oh yeah -- and a certain someone not being able to draw feet...)

That was a thing of beauty. "Just cleanin' up the timeline."

Love the cameos, love how they handled Cable and Dom (even though I still wish they'd kept her look), love Hugh Jackman's reaction...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back