Deadpool 2 (Post-release)

What did you think of Deadpool 2?

• Total voters
Though after reflexion I'm now wondering if the ending, specifically the saving of Vanessa, is "canon" for lack of better words. I kinda liked what they did with her, it mirrored nicely, in its own way, Deadpool's relation with Death.

Though after reflexion I'm now wondering if the ending, specifically the saving of Vanessa, is "canon" for lack of better words. I kinda liked what they did with her, it mirrored nicely, in its own way, Deadpool's relation with Death.

Yes it does

https://www.cnet.com/news/deadpool-...explained-what-happens-green-lantern-vanessa/

"The writers of Deadpool 2, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick confirmed this during an AMA on Reddit Friday when asked if the post-credits scene was canon. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man. Where to begin?
I didnt expect the emotional element early on in the film, but it set up such an interesting scenario. Domino is awesome!I loved how they did the character of Cable. Yukio and Peter were enjoyable smaller roles. I really want to make a cosplay of Negasonic Teenage Warhead from this film.
I felt like this film could do more since Deadpool is already established as a character. It kept the humor level up still (my friends and I couldn't breathe from laughing at certain parts).

Honestly I think my favorite scenes might have been the end credit scenes though. That was perfect.

Movie was great! Caught it opening weekend but finally coming here to talk lol. So... Juggie was such a huge threat, Cable needed to team up with DP & Co., aaaand then at the end they leave him to escape again? Well it sets up for future plots too so its fine i suppose. When I heard reviews such as "Wade is emotional" and "the movie has so much heart" I knew Vanessa would bite it, and I recall the actress being on set for about 3 weeks also gave me a feeling she wouldnt make it.... but OMG IT HAPPENED SO EARLY ON! As the credits clearly stated :lol I liked how Wade wanted to die, doing so many things to try and be killed, as someone commented on, its similar to him chasing Death. Having his motivation to get his heart in the right place actually saved the world from another apocalyptic future! Really cool that it all fell on Wade to make a choice and save the world. Good story, I really liked it. Humor was amazing, cameos were all great! Will definitely watch in theaters again! But, I was still hoping to see Hugh in a yellow version of Deadpools suit :(

I thought the movie was great! However I went to it on a date and I heard my date laugh maybe twice. She said this was her first movie in 2 years...I think I would have enjoyed more if I would have gone with people that wanted to see it as much as I did.

I was bummed we didn't get to see Shatterstar fight. I grew up on 90's X-Force. Brad Pitt as the Vanisher was pretty funny.

I thought the movie was great! However I went to it on a date and I heard my date laugh maybe twice. She said this was her first movie in 2 years...I think I would have enjoyed more if I would have gone with people that wanted to see it as much as I did.

I was bummed we didn't get to see Shatterstar fight. I grew up on 90's X-Force. Brad Pitt as the Vanisher was pretty funny.

I died laughing the first time I went with my guy friends. I took my girlfriend to see it a couple days later and she wasn't into it.

Havent been to the movies in 2 years and she only laughed twice? Dump her dude, she isnt for you!

Loved the movie, was laughing my ass off when X force died, pretty much agreed with what everyone said here. Loved the movie, and thats how you do Juggernaut! Colossus looked even better this time around than the first time. Killer movie, gonna see it again for sure!

Saw it last sunday and really enjoyed it. Thought the first one was a little bit better but this was still very good. So many references and "Haha - I got that" - jokes. We're laughing all the time. It was, just like Deadpool said, a family movie.

Deadpool 2 is my favorite movie of 2018, thus far. Seen it three times now and laughed out loud in each viewing. The story, the villain (Cable & the surprise guest), the X-Force segment (mainly, Domino), the action, and the humor are better than the original.

I was laughing from start to finish. Ryan Reynolds delivers one liners almost as well as Jason Bateman in Bad Words, another
film I thought I was going to die laughing from watching. Here's to hoping for Deadpool 3.

New Deadpool Movie to Feature Princess Bride's Fred Savage | Collider

PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 to be released on December 21, 2018. Going up against Aquaman and Welcome to Marwen.

DoNAEwKX0AAZI5R.jpg

After second viewing on blu-ray, I figure the duct tape on his costume toward the end was due to being torn in half by Juggernaut.

However, the tape is not just on his waist, but at his elbows. Apparently at some point his arms were also supposed to be ripped apart, but it was cut or maybe never even shot. No mention of this in any of the bonus material, however. (The tape is not there prior, so it's not due to him blowing himself up. Apparently seamless repairs were made at the X mansion.)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back