GI Joe: Snake Eyes

7C36F7F2-9CEC-4FD3-98E1-4DE89B53B064_zpsol8tybdz.jpg

Well, that was the first issue where they really started getting into Snake Eyes' backstory, but basically yeah. Larry Hama's work on that book along with Hasbro letting him create the bios for the characters is really what made G.I. Joe so awesome in the 80s. If they're smart, they'll use a lot of his stuff. Hell, I don't know why they just don't let him write it.

Please, please, for the love of god, do this right. Another childhood favorite I don't want to see ruined.........the two movies were disasters, maybe the spin-off won't be.

It will be a crime if Ray Park isn't in this. I don't want another actor who isn't a martial artist playing him. It's too obvious when they switch to the stunt guy.

I want to see it be for adults...for the guys and girls who grew up with these toys. We were collecting them, playing with them, reading the comics and watching the cartoons in the 80s...so we are all adults now, which means there’s no reason to hold back on adult things like violence and language.

I think about out how much I’ve enjoyed “Cobra Kai” on YouTube BECAUSE it recognizes that fans of the original “Karate Kid” are all grown up now, so it’s got some language and such in it.

So so what I want is basically “John Wick” with swords style action...over the top and hyper violent. And I don’t want Snake Eyes to talk.

No no no he should be on a mission in the very beginning of the movie walking around full face shown at a big party or something .
Talks a few times then he grabs some dude pulls him silently to the balcony throws up a balloon probe thing like Batman grabbing the dude from China. Woosh gone up in the air .

Then on the plane they make it clear we are looking at snake eyes .

There like good job snake eyes knew you were the right man for the job .

Snake eyes big blond blue eyes says no problem *crackle* problem lem lem *crackle*
Prob lem .

He pulls off a mission impossible type mask with some pre recorded responses hides his face and quickly changed to his mask .

Then beginning credits start !

Much as I love the revamp of G.I. Joe for the /80s, it's also very locked into its setting. A lot of the characters were in VietNam, and the experiences soldiers have had in more recent wars have not been at all like that. From the widespread protests and lack of support back home to the way captives were treated by their captors. About the only real way to do the story and characters justice is to do it as a Cold War, Reagan-era period piece.

It also needs to be played utterly straight, like Hama did, and not camp, the way the cartoon skewed. Most of the first run's lineup were active-duty military in uniform, and their "code names" more like nicknames. Duke, Flint, Doc, Lady Jaye, Beachhead, Leatherneck, Shipwreck, Wild Bill, Breaker, Grunt, Zap, Rock'n'Roll, Steeler, Hawk, Stalker, Ripcord, Cutter, Footloose, Dusty... And most of the rest wear "uniform-ish" outfits -- nonstandard shirt, extra padding or protective gear, etc. -- or protective gear like a wetsuit or flamesuit. There are only a couple from about the first half of the 1982-'92 run that were truly "out there"... though for the latter half of the run, things definitely started getting weird.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back