Thunderbirds/Third Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Prop

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Tonight I started rehashing an old project that fell by the wayside.

As some of you might know. The sonic screwdriver prop used by the third, fourth, and fifth Doctor on Doctor Who, was itself actually a re-purposed prop from the film Thunderbirds are go.

When the prop originally appeared in Thunderbirds, it looked like this
be0900_e92f0acc818b4905abb6c5ab8fe92244_mv2.png
be0900_aab52808f686478a8df4654a51cda5c2_mv2.png

And when it first appeared on Doctor Who, it did so in it's unaltered state as a handcuff key
be0900_4b6111b4efbf4b9a804fa0fb171ad02a_mv2.png

So, since I'm a bit obsessed with sonics, and my collection would be incomplete without on of these guys, I've decided to replicate the original prop as a one piece machined part.

Here's my new model

thunderbirds sonic.jpg
thunderbirds sonic2.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

I think his goal is to create the unmodified version seen in the Colony In Space before they modified it and reused it as the Sonic Screwdriver prop (latter in Colony In Space). In it's first appearance it didn't have the ring and cone emitter.

Anakin has an interest thread for this in the junkyard and yes it is a solid metal version of what was seen in the Thunderbirds episode. I really hope this gets done as I would also love to have this in my collection.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back