Back to the Future - Bains' Dining Room painting bought by Reddit user

BrotherWilliam

g114hd7jlbx01.jpg

Over on Reddit a user has said he's bought the original painting that hung in the dining room at Lorraine's parents house. There's a few details of what is known about the painting, though it's not much beyond it was originally a goodwill find. Still, he's posted a decent sized pic that a reasonable duplicate might be created for those on the obsessive side of collecting.

That's a great find. And the picture is big enough for making a good replica. ;)

I'm just not sure if this is the actually prop that can be seen in the movie. The frame doesn't match: The frame in the movie is very similar but definitely another one.

attachment.png

By the way: If there's enough interest, I could make a scan of the other painting in the Baines house - the painting from the stairs. It's painted by the 1950s German painter W. Ludwig Mumberg and I own three vintage full size reprints. (I guess the painting in the movie is just a reprint, too.)

attachment.png

Attachments

• Simon_Zoto_Painting.png
    Simon_Zoto_Painting.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 774
  • W_Ludwig_Mumberg.png
    W_Ludwig_Mumberg.png
    147 KB · Views: 768
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back