Bay 327 need wall info

This is one of the clearest shots of the gantry I have. The gantry in the background of the Bay (as Stinson Lenz mentioned to me) is very clearly a painted flat, slightly smaller in scale.

D7681DB0-3180-48F0-B0A8-0F37D163E911.png

Okay, so they're doing that instead of the disruptive graphical ads? Fair enough. I don't have an issue with textual ads, though it does look sneaky putting them inline! Ah well. The complexities of monetizing a site...

This is a set up with the Death Star Crane (!!) on a C stand to the left of the camera, and a Floating wall of greeblies on a C stand to the right of the camera - both in the foreground, I assume as a depth of field test (put some junk in the foreground). I don't think this set up made it into the film and I assume its an early test.

There's no gantry yet.

S6kTfpc.jpg

Also, Jon Erland told me he vacformed the walls.

And you can't see it, but there's two Chevy Titan cabs behind that wall of greeblies that look like a "control room" of sorts!

Vac formed makes sense. I bet they did that, and then glued strips of "vent" paper, photocopied, into the grille spaces.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the towers are meant to be in the foreground, or it's a foreground miniature cheat for towers that are actually outside the Death Star bay? (Probably not, but it's an odd one!)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back