Bandai Tie Interceptor Kit Mode: special forces version

awilliamwright

Hey all. I have decided to turn a regular Tie Interceptor model into a sort of Special Forces version (ala the Tie Special Forces that Poe and Finn steal in Force Awakens).

The kit:
IMG_20180509_113034.jpg

Do do this, I need to add a few details to the model. I'm going to forgo the ventral turret (because I'm not doubling the reactor and leaving that back window for a tail gunner either, so there's not much point in the turret) and just focus on the power cell rings and reinforcement braces.

Ring and bracing:
IMG_20180509_113138.jpg

I'd like to just steal them from this Revel Tie Interceptor kit, but alas, that kit is a 1/48 scale and the Bandai kit is a 1/72 scale (the braces wouldn't work anyway).

I'm probably going to have to model those details in Maya LT and 3D print them.

So I was wondering...are there any tips on the best way to blend a snap-together kit with 3D printed extras? Is there a type of 3D printing I should prefer? I don't have a printer, so I'll have to order from a shop. Painting should hide most consistencies, but I wondered if there were any land mines associated with undertaking something like that.

Thanks!

To kick off the discussion: You can use a razor saw to cut the parts and CA/Super glue, to glue the printed parts and the kit parts together.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back