BamBam's Han Solo in Carbonite Build

I absolutely love seeing everyone's different builds of the HIC. It can be a very personalized project and each new build I see adds something different to the mix. Great job so far Dabambam! This is shaping up to be a winner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a few more updates. I painted the case and Han casting first all one color and then taped off and gave the Han casting a chrome like finish. Next step to weather the carbonite and decide if I want to weather the case as well. As suggestions or links on creating the weathering effect on the carbonite would be appreciated. Enjoy. IMG_2236.JPGIMG_2237.JPGIMG_2238.JPGIMG_2239.JPG

Hey Dabmabam .. if you ever go full size again, you can check my sale threads .. I have panels, greeblies, machined parts and stickers for the 1:1. I still recommend Zenix's box .. you'll save so much time on this!!!

Can't wait to see that 1:3 finished! Keep at it!

Al

Well my kit arrived today. It's a complete kit with the Solo casting, 8 panels, greeblies and electronics already built. The only things I would need to get are the decals and transparencies for the hero panels. Overall I like the kit except the primer on the Solo cast needs to be redone as I can scrape it off with my fingernail. The scale appears to be true 1:1 as the hands are bigger than mine and the body size seems correct. The whole kit cost me $800 shipped to my door. I'm debating if I should just get the Zenix box kit or build my own.

The Solo cast is very sturdy as he used fiberglass mesh and resin. I see some people fill the back side with spray foam. Any suggestions what type of foam I should use or is Great Stuff just fine?

View attachment 818749View attachment 818750View attachment 818751View attachment 818752View attachment 818753View attachment 818754View attachment 818755View attachment 818756View attachment 818757View attachment 818758

View attachment 818749

View attachment 818750

View attachment 818751

View attachment 818752

View attachment 818753

View attachment 818754

View attachment 818755

View attachment 818756

View attachment 818757

View attachment 818758
Hey I am in Australia and looking for one of these kits can you advise details of where to purchase please.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back