1/24 A-wing

Thanks! This is just my second figure painting...the first one being the other pilot for this kit. So, right on!

I got my lighting circuit worked out this weekend. I am currently working on reattaching the new vertical stabilizers to the engine cans.

IMG_1678.jpg

Working on mounting the vertical stabilizers to the engine cans. After getting them mounted I feel like the upper fins are a bit too tall, I am probably going to redo them. The cannons are also obviously too big, I am rebuilding them as well.

IMG_1682.jpgIMG_1683.jpgIMG_1684.jpgIMG_1685.jpgIMG_1686.jpgIMG_1687.jpg

wow, you did some serious work. I agree that the top fins are a bit tall, but doesn't look bad. it looks like you did some work on the front end. I remember there was a step on he bottom of the nose in this​ kit where it didn't line up quit right, but I don't see it. Did you fix that? it looks good from the pics.

Fantastic work! The lighting looks great!

Where'd you get the new pilot figure? I've been searching for a good 1/24ish figure that looks like a resistance pilot for the Hasbro Resistance A-Wing toy. The included figure is way too large.

wow, you did some serious work. I agree that the top fins are a bit tall, but doesn't look bad. it looks like you did some work on the front end. I remember there was a step on he bottom of the nose in this​ kit where it didn't line up quit right, but I don't see it. Did you fix that? it looks good from the pics.

Thanks! Yeah, I applied some apoxie-sculpt to the bottom of the nose to address the "over bite", still more work to do. I am definitely re-doing the fins. Right now, I have it on hold. I decided to assemble and paint up my 1/72 bandai a-wing for a bit of practice on the paint work I will doing on this one.

Fantastic work! The lighting looks great!

Where'd you get the new pilot figure? I've been searching for a good 1/24ish figure that looks like a resistance pilot for the Hasbro Resistance A-Wing toy. The included figure is way too large.

The new pilot was sent to me by Ed Holt, the supplier of the kit.

More progress after a little break. Got the vertical stabilizers resized and correctly proportioned. Next step is to finish the wiring and then rebuild the canons. Then I should be able to button it up and get to the paint work!

IMG_1803.jpgIMG_1802.jpgIMG_1799.jpgIMG_1801.jpgIMG_1800.jpg

Nicely done!
I love the paintjob and the weathering,..i wonder if the weathering really needs another pass judgeing by the photos.
In pair with the y-wing it looks perfect!
I always wonder how you guys manage to keep the whites still look white after all the weathering,.in my projects they always turn out to look way to gray or too dirty.
Perhaps i should use warm and cool whites of the same value range together to keep the whites looking white,i don't know,..the lighting on the prop refference photograps always throw me off though.
warm lighting, cool lighting ,..very confusing sometimes.
Anyhow you pulled it off!
Respect!
On a side note,...did anyone allready identify the pilot figure of the studio A-wing model?
I have been searching high and low(gi joe action man figures 1/6th scale astronaut puppets etc)but could not find the figure used.

Nicely done!
I love the paintjob and the weathering,..i wonder if the weathering really needs another pass judgeing by the photos.
In pair with the y-wing it looks perfect!
I always wonder how you guys manage to keep the whites still look white after all the weathering,.in my projects they always turn out to look way to gray or too dirty.
Perhaps i should use warm and cool whites of the same value range together to keep the whites looking white,i don't know,..the lighting on the prop refference photograps always throw me off though. Warm lighting, cool lighting ,..very confusing sometimes.
Anyhow you pulled it off!
Respect!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm probably just going to leave it alone...

It's such a subtle thing...and I am certainly not trying to be presumptuous about your experience, but generally, when I am weathering...and doing fine mist coats, and I can actually see how my painting is affecting the model surface, that usually means I have over done it.

Also.

"I call it luck." - Han Solo

Last edited:
Beautiful! How I wish mine would be done too... Congrats on finishing it and especially so nicely! :)

Well, thank you for sharing your work with me! I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without your history on your own.

Get it done!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back