6 1/2 Foot Babylon 5

These are photos of a large scale station in the UK made by Keith Crawley.
13165984_10154130032442370_1131237355024085008_n.jpg
Keith Crawley's B5 a.jpgKeith Crawley's B5.jpg

I heard most of the computer animation renders were done on an Amiga computer.

Yep. That is why we will never see it in HD/Blu-Ray. The company that did the renders lost/destroyed all the original files. So the only versions of the show that exist are the 480dpi DVD quality sets.

Never say never, I am sure Mojo would be up to the task if asked!

Yep. That is why we will never see it in HD/Blu-Ray. The company that did the renders lost/destroyed all the original files. So the only versions of the show that exist are the 480dpi DVD quality sets.

Foundation Imaging turned all the files over to the company (I don't remember their name) that took over the effects work. Although the live action part was filmed widescreen and HD, to save time the effects were not. The plan was to upgrade the effects later when they had more time, but then Foundation got the boot.

David.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back