Freddy Vs Jason severed head bust WIP

Customrelic

Hello all, this is a test pull of a bust I’ve been working on. I always wanted to do the severed head from the end scene when freddy winks. This blank was mainly to clean out the mold so i primered it before painting. The real ones are translucent resin. It has acrylic teeth/gums and a glass eye. Its just a quick paint up so i could experiment with different wet looks. The base is temporary. I was going to do a similar one that looks like a dock and not flat. More of a box using reclaimed wood and also one that is the camp crystal lake sign. I inserted a metal rod to hold the head a few inches off the base so it looks like its being carried and used running blood to hide it. The kneck even has all the meat and bones showing. I should have taken a better pic before mounting it. Anyway hope some of you like it

Attachments

• 2B2B93AB-BBC7-40FA-9E93-CC2438D2E979.jpeg
    2B2B93AB-BBC7-40FA-9E93-CC2438D2E979.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 338
  • 9A56D7A3-C3B7-42AE-9C72-9BC2231110F5.jpeg
    9A56D7A3-C3B7-42AE-9C72-9BC2231110F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 665
I love it!!!!
How did u get such a great wet? Just high gloss clear?

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was trying for something different. Im working on the base now. Im going to add a light and im cutting the plaques now that say Freddy Vs Jason in red over black background

taz, i have messed around with a wet look for a year lol. I prob did 2 dozen experiments. If you give me a couple min ill send you the info and how to do it. Thanks guys for the kind words.

Outstanding! Can't wait to see the translucent resin one!

Dude its funny, you have seen my gallery work and know my abilities. I had to get advice from mr mold maker with the translucent one. If it wasnt for his kindness and knowledge, there wouldnt be a translucent one. If you think about it, anyone could really paint one if it’s primered etc. but it takes a special “knack “ to paint translucent stuff where you are able to utilize the resin the way its intended to. Not just paint over the entire thing like i have seen on some. You might as well use green colored resin. I tried 3 times and the paint wouldn’t cooperate with me. One of the heads I actually went on my deck and punted it like one of the italian soccer goalies do into my lake. I was so frustrated. I felt like i just became an artist 20 years ago. After days of trying different things, i broke down and contacted mold maker. One response with advice and touchdown. It was a very humbling experience. You are never to advanced to learn from someone else. That said, the translucent shades are already laid. And its incredible. Should have one shortly to show

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back