DL-44 Builds - Real Parts ANH, ESB - MGC ROTJ, FM Greedo

265463ec669f5c5b3cae6bcd621cc4cb.jpg
a4b712fdac3d17ac95d9493bf87aa73b.jpg

Little bit of light work on the new sight ramp that came in. Trying to match the original finish, the numbers were quite thin so couldn’t sand down too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice work, your so lucky to have a relative in the collecting business, very hard to find a deac in the UK

Currently just sitting and sanding this down to add a grain to it and pondering... do I paint the lower or not? I know that the general consensus now is that painting is more accurate but I'm torn! I prefer blued but If I'm going to the lengths of using a Deac, should I paint the lower?

J

Do it however you prefer. It all depends on your end goal. I used to prefer the blued method, until I got enough reference to make my mind up and then my OCD wouldn't rest.

Do it however you prefer. It all depends on your end goal. I used to prefer the blued method, until I got enough reference to make my mind up and then my OCD wouldn't rest.

That’s what I’m a little worried about! OCD! Is it definitely confirmed it was a painted lower?

Also how does the paint hold up in general? Obviously bluing is a little more wear resistant..

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is a dumb question but was the whole real C96 painted or just one half?

Thanks

Getting there! Need to do some more sanding I think and some more bluing. Waiting on some proper 1inch stickers to come which will give me a nice clean circular edge. Also need to pick up a new glass fibre brush to help remove bluing from some certain spots.

Overall though it’s coming out well! Love the grips

1e88e0600b718affa241bca283f5199f.jpg
cf09f60eacc4e91f70252ee54a1f2cfc.jpg
4d7fe5d360446b8b4804224a7024df59.jpg
2d0e836d0395238d14db8c26c2db706e.jpg
49e5a25e118f782af553b50f37522b8a.jpg
1d4d65e83c934feda9c0062b062e391f.jpg

I believe just the lower half. The top half was the half used from the naked runner etc.

Wow this is news to me. I would be in the ballpark of actually doing this - are there photos out there that definitely show this?

When using old grips.. has anyone run into huge holes and really tiny escutcheons?

My stencil set comes with the proper sized mystery disc mask... it works with bluing too if you don't want to paint the lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow this is news to me. I would be in the ballpark of actually doing this - are there photos out there that definitely show this?

When using old grips.. has anyone run into huge holes and really tiny escutcheons?

Yes the photos show it well enough in my opinion. You can clearly see that the paint is worn in places, and compared to the fresh from bapty photos of it, it's very easy to see.

7d875117b54e9702e57d0ed0190e5233.heic
58c60dd991e022835fededccc63ce3d2.heic

If building a blaster, why not work on a SA Gun belt also! Picked this up in mint condition for a very reasonable price! Just need to machine or find that screw end cap.

HDC is supplying the hardware, the rest will be done by me! I have a load of the cylinders to join also.

So during the deactivation they welded it together, that you can’t disassemble it anymore?

Is this different with the MGC?

So during the deactivation they welded it together, that you can’t disassemble it anymore?

Is this different with the MGC?

Part of the new EU deactivation spec is the glue or weld the mag plate and the locking block into place, that way it can’t be stripped. Cocks, dry fires and working safety/ bolt but can’t be disassembled.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back